Author Topic: Lanc tail gun (maybe other buffs too)  (Read 469 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Lanc tail gun (maybe other buffs too)
« on: June 13, 2004, 09:23:07 AM »
Is it modelled with 50 cals?

I completely lit up a P-51 last night...I literally poured 200 shots and had hit sprites all over him.  No damage.  Same with the next con that swooped in.  Hit sprites galore, no damage.

So, Im running out of ammo on these buffs while the cons I've peppered with, apparently "Nerf" darts, just sit back and maul me.  

Also, my tail guns tracers are drifting to the right in a no wind situation.   :confused:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 04:20:20 PM »
Had a Lanc smoke me engine, put a bullet hole in my canopy,  take out 3 guns. I was able to kill him but he was getting good hits.  I was flying a F4U1D

Have seen some that hit good and others that wasn't to good at gunnery.....think it is just the difference in AH1 and AH2.

1 Note: recall Zazen saying with VSync on you see hit sprits that aren't actually scored, and you would not see the same with VSync off (I hope I explained it like Zazen put it, and I maybe wrong). As for your tracers drifting? are you flying straight or turning? and also are you turning/moving your gun to keep the Bogey in the gunsite? this would explain drift possibly

It looks to me that the buff gunners have no problem at all getting hits 1.5k out as opposed to the fighter/Attack Planes having to be with-in 800 most times.  Buff Gunners have a leg up over the Fiter AirCraft.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 06:29:21 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser

1 Note: recall Zazen saying with VSync on you see hit sprits that aren't actually scored, and you would not see the same with VSync off (I hope I explained it like Zazen put it, and I maybe wrong).

I'm pretty sure you have that backwards.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 10:33:21 PM »
Yep I do, is the other way around :with VSync off you see hit sprits that aren't actually scored, and you would not see the same with VSync on !

good eye Laz  ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 08:05:45 AM »
You can not see hit sprites if they are not scored.

HiTech

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 08:33:20 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
You can not see hit sprites if they are not scored.

would that be true for AH1 also, ( I know it shouldn't matter because it soon be retired) just curious, if what Zazen reported was his opinion or was their some truth to it in anyway. Also is that how Vsync is looked or viewed upon on what/how it works

1 Question: I see hit sprites on me, so he scores on me as far as a hit, but scores no damage and vice versa I score hit speites on him but he acquires no damage ( as in lethal or crippling damage)