Author Topic: Just some random ideas  (Read 105 times)

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
Just some random ideas
« on: October 12, 1999, 05:53:00 PM »
Just some random thoughts and ideas here:

Messages about key events, perhaps even kill streaks or multi-kill sorties
Each airfield could have limited resources, including planes, with the ability to transfer resources between fields. (IE… if your fly a plane from one field to another, the plan would be allocated to the new airfield) Also, you could ferry supplies including fuel and ammo from one field to another
It would be nice to be able to right click on a plane while in flight and then have a popup menu appear where you could choose items such as send message, view stats, create private channel etc…
I’d like to be able to see the names of enemies
More ground targets
A rating systems based in part on the ability of the plane, so pilots might be inclined to not always fly the best planes
Squelch for the radio

A briefing room:
Briefing room would include a place were people can develop and recruit pilots for missions
Stats about what is happening in the war or battle or arena including missions
You should be able to see requests for mission slots, or buff gunners, or wingmen
There should be a viewable log of all missions, including participants, results, and the ability to enter notes

I think the key is to have some type of area were pilots can meet and plan missions. I think this would help curb clusters of low altitude dog fighting.

Brick

Just some random ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 1999, 06:03:00 PM »
"Messages about key events, perhaps even kill streaks or multi-kill sorties"

Hmm... That's all I need after somehow squeezing out multiple kills - everyone coming after me!!!  

"I think the key is to have some type of area were pilots can meet and plan missions. I think this would help curb clusters of low altitude dog fighting."

I think that was the idea behind the "map" room there.  Unfortunately, I think there's always goin to be low-alt furballs.    As long as there's a "Main Arena" we can probably expect that.  Heck,  as soon as they fix up the otto in Mr. B-17, I'm going to try my hand at buffing.  

Andy

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
Just some random ideas
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 1999, 10:26:00 PM »
Actually, a pretty good idea in some ways.

Why not increase the loadout options for the C47 to include fuel/ammo and radar parts?

If a fields ammo dump is hit, either wait for normal rebuild or allow a pilot to take up a C47 loaded with ammo from a nearby field on a ferry mission?

You'd probably have to extend rebuild times, but that would just be a host setting.

At the moment, the C47 has only one use - to drop troops.  It'd be good to see some other options available.

------------------
C.O. Phoenix Squadron
www.users.bigpond.com/afinlayson/index.htm
'feel the heat .......'

Offline Windle

• Copper Member
Just some random ideas
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 1999, 12:34:00 AM »
I like the idea Jekyll  

------------------
~Lt. Jg. Windle~

VF-17 The Jolly Rogers 8X
      Skychrgr@aol.com

Hans

Just some random ideas
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 1999, 02:22:00 AM »
I just had a "random thought generator" sort of idea.  Scary thought, eh?

Well anyways...how about "adopt a runway" or also known as "base of operations".

It strikes me that one of the things about squadrons  was that they have specific bases that they operate from.  This is where all their maintaince people and supplies of parts are located at, as well as their bunks to sleep in.  Basically this would mean returning to that specific base and keeping it from being taken from your country would give you some sort of benefit.

As for benefits....I myself would alow people to spend thier score points acumulated in combat on one sortie rides in those famous super weapons like the Me262, Me163, P-80, B-29, Pzkw VI Tiger tank, ect.

Hans.

------------------
Hey, Frans....Yo tink dees guys are gut enouff to shooot us down?  Ya! Dats right.  Vie aw 'ere to shoot....you down!