Author Topic: Michael Moore  (Read 1584 times)

storch

Michael Moore
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2004, 06:54:58 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Yesterday on cnn i saw that Kerry had 48% and bush had 49%. On this BB it seems that there is ALOT more bush supporters (counting only americans) than  Kerry supporters.

Why is that? Is a wargame more likley to see republicans or does the republican side "scream" more?. Maybe the republican side feels they need to defend themselves from foreigners too?

Ive been wondering about this for awhile.

actually polls don't mean much in either direction.  has anyone ever participated in a poll?  I did.  The way the questions were asked clearly showed that they were attempting to make the numbers indicate a foregone conclusion.  I questioned the poll taker to the point where she just hung up on me.  I guess she wasn't perpared for someone who wanted to question the questions, liberals.  It was a gallup poll.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2004, 07:09:21 AM »
Oh... here the polls are not done to lead you any were, but to get the facts. I know how to lead people in one direction or another so bells would ring if i would hear leading questions.

In this case the question would be: Who will you wote for: A) Kerry or B) bush. They would ask a random set of people form different demographics.

Why would they complicate such an easy question?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2004, 07:11:30 AM by Nilsen »

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by storch
actually polls don't mean much in either direction.  has anyone ever participated in a poll?  

I were asked as well... but person who ask in polls are usualy students from sec. schools or university...

So i usualy ask only for their phone no. :D

and some of them hang up as well ;)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2004, 07:23:48 AM »

Sutch question is quite tricky and not correct :D :D

storch

Michael Moore
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2004, 07:24:09 AM »
Oh... here the polls are not done to lead you any were, but to get the facts. I know how to lead people in one direction or another so bells would ring if i would hear leading questions.

In this case the question would be: Who will you wote for: A) Kerry or B) bush. They would ask a random set of people form different demographics.

The poll I was questioned in asked stuff like what radio station did I listen to.  Did I read the print media, which ones,  what was my primary source of news,  did I "feel" President Bush's policy the choice was the from lame to catastrophic  great wasn't one of the choices. stuff along those lines.  

I actually don't know what end they were attempting to achieve but it was very vague and clearly left leaning so I started asking my own questions like why do you think that question was phrased that way?  Are you doing this merely for money or are you also politically motivated?  are you better off today than you were four years ago?  

I think I used up all her allowed time and she hung up.  But up until the last question I answered concerning how I "feel" about something to do with the Bush admin I had no clue what the poll may have been about.

Tricksy liberals.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2004, 07:43:19 AM »
We get those kinds of poles all the time to storch but then their goal is something else like marketing. When we have political poles just before the elections the question is simply "what party (we don't vote for individuals here, only parties) will you vote for" and maybe they ask you why aswell with a set of options to choose from.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2004, 09:25:55 AM »
Yesterday on cnn i saw that Kerry had 48% and bush had 49%. On this BB it seems that there is ALOT more bush supporters (counting only americans) than  Kerry supporters.

Why is that? Is a wargame more likley to see republicans or does the republican side "scream" more?. Maybe the republican side feels they need to defend themselves from foreigners too?

Ive been wondering about this for awhile.

Could it be because more democrats don't know how to operate a computer? Or maybe they keep pushing two keys at the same time and it confuses their computer? ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2004, 09:44:42 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Could it be because more democrats don't know how to operate a computer? Or maybe they keep pushing two keys at the same time and it confuses their computer? ;)

LOL :D

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2004, 11:49:33 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Somehow, I think one could easily say the zact same thing but replace "Bush" with "Kerry"...

....But unlike Storch, you pretend at objectivity. Who you tryin' to kid?

One probably could. One might, depending on one's mood when one read a particular post. One just never knows, does one?

My objective view is that there's been a bit of a sea change.

When Bill was in the Reps were clearly more bitter and continually sniping. The Dems, of course, tut-tutted at the horrible attitude and demeanor.

Now the shoe seems to be on the other foot and It seems to me that the pot and the kettle are almost exactly the same color. Neither side is particularly refined or genteel when they feel it is "their inning".

Tell you what. You go back and document all the mean spirited things the Reps have said about Kerry. When you're done, I'll document the mean spirited things the Dems have said about Bush. Set a 60 day window. Ready, Set, Go! Post your results in this thread.

Who am I trying to kid? Why YOU of course, Nash! I've devoted my life to it, continually trying to slip posts past the absolute Sherlock Holmes of the AH BBS. Curses! Foiled Again!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2004, 12:21:19 PM »
Going to need to dry off his monitor when he see's this...

From Drudge

http://www.drudgereport.com/

and

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2004-06-25&p=.htm

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2004, 12:26:50 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I work pretty hard not to sling the ship that's all too common here.

It has not gone unnoticed Toad; for one, I respect you for that!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2004, 12:32:53 PM »
TY, Sir!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Michael Moore
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2004, 12:38:05 PM »
I second that, Toad is a class act.

Pongo is a mutant though :p

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Michael Moore
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2004, 12:43:08 PM »

That's a funny picture.... not sure why.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Michael Moore
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2004, 01:14:51 PM »

He just seems like a fun-loving guy to me.