Author Topic: WEP Inoperative  (Read 220 times)

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
WEP Inoperative
« on: July 28, 2004, 11:02:31 PM »
Last week my WEP suddenly stopped working on all WEP-enabled planes.  I've got it programmed to the default "P" key; I made sure the RPM and throttle are both run up to the max.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
WEP Inoperative
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »
Double check the key-mapping to make sure that hasn't changed somehow. Also, if you have a throttle controller, when you calibrate it hold short of max travel a very little bit. That will ensure when you do push stick to the max it will be full throttle.
Two suggestions for a penny a piece, or my two cents worth of advice.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
WEP Inoperative
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 12:28:27 AM »
Actually, think it's a bug.  I have had this happen to me MANY times, but never thought much of it, UNTIL me and 4-5 squadmates were doing a fighter sweep, and within say 1-2min, four of us had this problem.  THEN again on our next fighter sweet.  1st was in FW190D, 2nd in Spit 9's.  So wasn't just me, and if multiple guys having same problem at same time, I would say Bug.

Needs looking into.
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Bluefish

• Copper Member
WEP Inoperative
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 06:10:48 PM »
Thanks for the responses; I recalibrated my throttle (taking the hint not to push it all the way forward) and that seems to have done the trick.