Author Topic: Skuzzy  (Read 357 times)

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Skuzzy
« on: August 13, 2004, 10:33:48 AM »
Skuzzy I have a squad member that is having problems loading AHll.  He emailed me his problem and I don't know what to tell him, hopefully you can help out.

I can’t get my computer to work with AHII.  I keep getting a Z-Buffering problem.  Yesterday I called the tech line and they gave me a web site to go to get an update.  I did that but it didn’t help, in fact my computer said I already had the latest update?????.  So I reloaded AHII with the latest patch and restarted the computer.  Now I can’t even get into AHII..........  As it loads the screen turns black with a long hesitation and then it goes back to the desktop.  I use to have this problem in AHI and a simple reload of the game would solve this.  But it doesn’t seem to help here

any suggestions?

Stream14

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Skuzzy
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 10:58:17 AM »
I have a GeF4 Ti4200 64Mb card and I got that error with old drivers, 30.xx or something. I loaded the 56.64s and the error went away. Also b4 a reload, try deleting the.. 'video8.cfg' file.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:37:54 PM »
Sounds like he did not load the latest drivers, but have him email his DXDIAG output and I will take a look.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ohio330

• Copper Member
Skuzzy
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 01:31:47 PM »
......."said I already had the latest update?????. " (requoted)

Uh, is it me, or does it sound like he didn't delete the old drivers
first?

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
Skuzzy
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 05:17:51 PM »
He might have... forgot to think about that...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Skuzzy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2004, 12:43:32 PM »
Originally posted by fuze
Also b4 a reload, try deleting the.. 'video8.cfg' file.

Clarification, reload here is the game, not video drivers.
Delete the video8.fg after your newest video drivers are installed properly, then try to run AH2.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54