Author Topic: Pics of Punta Gorda AP  (Read 195 times)

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Pics of Punta Gorda AP
« on: August 16, 2004, 12:47:11 PM »

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
Pics of Punta Gorda AP
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »
ouchie? OUCH!!! Hope they were all insured... although I believe that if it's declared an disaster area, insurance companies do not pay, the government does, and that can mean mucho delay.

Daniel

Offline schizer

• Copper Member
Pics of Punta Gorda AP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 01:28:51 PM »
Um, my question is if you knew a hurricane was going to hit the west coast of  Florida in  or near the Tampa area why the hell wouldnt you just fly the thing north or west?

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Pics of Punta Gorda AP
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 01:37:03 PM »
one of the guys on the WIX boards explained that...he said they didnt expect it to turn towards them.  They thought it was going to pass them so they just tied them down.  When they saw it turning it was too late to try and fly anything out.  He said he lost 2 t-6s and had damage to numerous others.  Ouchie.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Pics of Punta Gorda AP
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 02:09:41 PM »
As much as I feel sorry for the folks of Punta Gorda, in many ways I don't.  That hurricane was "supposed" to hit Tampa-Clearwater, which according to yahoo maps is only an 80 mile drive away (70 mile approx straight-line).  If I live 70 miles away from a hurricane that is 100 miles wide, I would plan on getting hit.  I realize the destruction is horrible, but all I have seen on the news are people of Punta Gorda running around saying "we weren't prepared, they said it wasn't going to hit us".