Author Topic: Curval  (Read 197 times)

Offline schizer

• Copper Member
Curval
« on: August 17, 2004, 04:53:37 PM »
My fiance and I are thinking about getting married in Bermuda, could you maybe help recommend some nice places preferably oceanside.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Curval
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 05:17:18 PM »
ooooohhhh cool.

Sure man will do.

Let me find some links.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
Curval
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 05:24:58 PM »
1st Class Stuff:

I like this one because of the private beach and luxury style hotel.

Fairmont Southampton

Then there is also:

Elbow Beach Hotel

Really nice beach...and also some neat cottage style rooms that might be cool re: honeymoon.  ;)  A friend of mine has his reception there and it was really nice.

Those are the two I would go for if price is no object.

If it is let me know and I'll check out some of the cheaper places, but be advised, it is EXPENSIVE to vacation here.  It is also very very cool though.

What time of year for the wedding btw?

My kids are bugging me right now, so I can't write more, but there are some administration issues to deal with when actually getting married.  I will try and fin the link for that later.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline schizer

• Copper Member
Curval
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 06:40:15 PM »
Wow thanks Curval, we are not real firm on a date so I would say its open anytime after May 2005.  Her family has set aside a dowry and she believes it to be at $30,000.   She is from a very small southern town/ VERY religious family.  

She  hinted around to her grandmother that she wanted the wedding in the town we met (college) which is only a 4 hour drive and she said it was too far for her to drive.  Needless to say this upset my fiance (her GM has traveled farther numerous times).  

Her aunt recommended Bermuda, and I concur.  I think we are just going to elope and save the remainder of the money for a down payment on a house.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
Curval
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 07:37:20 PM »
Well, I think you would really enjoy it, just pray hard for good weather.  :)

Link to requirements for a marriage license

Your timing is perefct given that you are looking at anytime after May.  I suggest June, plenty warm but not ridiculously so.  

If you guys are going to be practical about it and use the balance of that cash for a downpayment  have a shorter honeymoon but do it right.  Get the expensive hotel for 3 or 4 nights and have a really memorable trip.

Make sure you play up the whole honeymoon thing too, when you are booking.  Might help to get an upgrade or something.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Curval
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 01:43:10 PM »
Make sure you drop in and say hi to Curval while your there.