Author Topic: ENY-balancing.  (Read 397 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
ENY-balancing.
« on: August 14, 2004, 03:19:00 AM »
Civil discussion.

Karnak or Wotan suggested perk points be used to pay off low ENY planes when the country has too large a number advantage.

Karnak mentionned it'd have little effect, considering the perk point balance of some players.
> so perk prices would then be composed of two parts: one part is due to the ENY-balancing, the other due to the regular perk price.  How these two are proportioned to each other is arbitrary of course.  The balancing portion of the total perk price would be paid with "new" perk points, the ones earned since the ENY-balancing system patch, and the rest by the "old" perk points.

Improvements?
Alternatives?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY-balancing.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 02:36:20 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Modifieing perk values was the other option I considered. I choose the ENY because

1. I didn't belive the Perk would be a strong enough force.
2. It effects lesser pilots more then better pilots.

And also the current system is choosen. It will not be removed until we have a good idea how well it works. It can not be evalutated over days or even weeks.

So I would apreciate all the whines and counter slams to be droped. What I would be intrested in is small modifications needed to ENY values or the settings of when and how it kicks in.

HiTech

Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Bammer4

• Zinc Member
Open Letter to Hitech
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 04:57:25 PM »
I pay good money to play this game and to fly these planes.  I just watched 32 Bishops log off in the last 30 minutes (I made 33) in frustration.  I refuse to pay you ANY MORE money if I cannot fly the planes.

LET ME MAKE IT ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR.

I REFUSE TO PAY YOU ANY MORE MONEY UNTIL I CAN FLY THE PLANES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
ENY-balancing.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 05:25:48 PM »
You already started a thread with that in it. Don't spam it everywhere. You may find yourself no longer being able to have a hissyfit here over you not wanting to pay money because everything in the game isn't exactly the way you like it. Just sayin'. :aok

Offline JSky

• Zinc Member
ENY-balancing.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 09:41:39 PM »
I will give it a try, but my first experience was not to my liking.  I have seen the numbers ebb and flow and also have seen  two countries hardly fight each other while massively attacking the third (who has the numbers in that case?).  This is a game, and to try and "even" out the sides in this manner is not wise.  Next it will be rubber bullets and talcum powder bombs.  If it dosen't get better and I continue to feel frustrated, there are other online sims to play, but I can only afford one.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
ENY-balancing.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 05:27:03 AM »
I REFUSE TO PAY YOU ANY MORE MONEY UNTIL I CAN FLY THE PLANES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you just quit?

That will make a lot of us happy.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
ENY-balancing.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 08:23:53 AM »
I think it's an excellent idea.
instead of disabling the planes, turn them into perk planes.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
ENY-balancing.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 08:46:39 AM »
For 3 weeks straight I would log on as a Knight to find we had 6-7 bases and were being gangbanged by the Rooks. That was one of the reasons I canceled my account last month and I guess I wasn't the only one.

IMO You can't depend on the perk system to balance the arena.  It kind of defeats the purpose if the more experienced players could still have their rides and cherri pick what the newbies couldn't kill first.

That's from my perspective so flame on.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Excaliber

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
ENY-balancing.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 12:11:35 AM »
Originally posted by JSky
I will give it a try, but my first experience was not to my liking.  I have seen the numbers ebb and flow and also have seen  two countries hardly fight each other while massively attacking the third (who has the numbers in that case?).  This is a game, and to try and "even" out the sides in this manner is not wise.  Next it will be rubber bullets and talcum powder bombs.  If it dosen't get better and I continue to feel frustrated, there are other online sims to play, but I can only afford one.

Drop a few sim names on me. I know about warbirds, give a few more to check out please.