Author Topic: No TOD? ok nevermind  (Read 406 times)

Offline Fowler

• Zinc Member
No TOD? ok nevermind
« on: August 24, 2004, 11:25:16 PM »
Ive been away..
I came back
I seen Aces High 2 was out.
They said "Its going to be like anything youve ever played before"
Its going to be like "your living the life of a WW2 Pilot"

Um yeah
No
Aces High 2
Is almost exactly like Aces High
Other than Damage Effects, Graphics that still arent taxing my CPU past 25% and Better looking planes.
Whats new?
I just dont get it.
How do i enlist like i was promised?
Seens Funny,
I really dont think that they are selling memberships on these superb graphics...
Game play is there ill give HT that its a fun game, but Aces High 1 was a fun game why even get every hyped about TOD.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
No TOD? ok nevermind
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 12:09:57 AM »
The flight models are a helluva lot better.

Offline LWACE

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
No TOD? ok nevermind
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:19:58 AM »
they said TOD would be like that, TOD isnt out yet... AH2 is out it was only suppose to be like AH1 with better graphics etc, graphics are just brand new, they will get better with more releases.

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
No TOD? ok nevermind
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 07:45:25 AM »
I don't understand the interest in TOD at all.  There are 50 million Flight Sims out there where you go through a rank progression... So What.

In an online multi-player environment I don't want to be restricted by the artificial rank structure of a single player game.  Most squads already have a rank structure and its not artificially enforced by the program.

As it is right now, if you take away airplanes due to country balancing people whine like the fan belt on an old Pinto.  Now you think that you are going to take these same people and tell them they can't fly their hot bird because their and experience doesn't merit one?  Right.  This I gotta see.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
No TOD? ok nevermind
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 07:52:58 AM »
If you really want "missions", or a "Scenario" based world vs AH's persistant 24/7 world check out targetware.

They have the same idea stuck in their heads.

Plus you have the option of WWI, WWII, & Korea.

Plus its a free beta.

Me, I hate going from midflight to tower because the "scenario timer" ran out.

Talk about your immersion killers.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
No TOD? ok nevermind
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2004, 08:49:58 AM »
"I don't understand the interest in TOD at all."

That's one of the great things about the plans for AH and that is you don't have to. If it does not interest you there will still be the fantastical, free-for-all main arena environment where the only resemblence to WWII aircombat is to be found in the skins of the "aircraft" being used.

IMO AH's TOD will appeal to those who have a deeper interest ("passion" would probably be a better word) for WWII aircombat, WWII aircraft and the pilots who fought and died.

Being a pilot, I'm lead to believe, in the "TOD" would be a form of role playing for many as it would allow them to immerse themselves as a pilot in 1944 for example.  The environment hopefully (if the current AH inflight awacs radar and "never miss" icons are retained them imo forget it) intended to replicate and provide players with an authentic WWII atmosphere to "fight" in.    However instead of against predictable artificial intelligence, like the 90's box games such as "Aces over the xxxx" and "Secret Weapons of the Luftwobbles" AH's TOD will pit you against other players in WWII combat flying wonderfully modelled WWII aircraft

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
No TOD? ok nevermind
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2004, 10:45:57 AM »
AHII was originally designed for TOD...not for the current "game". Obviously they've experienced some kind of developmental delays specific to TOD and gone ahead and released the better graphics engine/FM/terrain etc ahead of TOD it self. I'm one of those that has high hopes and low expectations for TOD (when & if it ever makes prime time). Personally all I care about in the game is the flight model and its a big improvement. As for "realism & immersion in TOD...I doubt it...unless you go in as a squad with a given mission set (over a weekend lets say) and those that die...die. A real BOB pilot flew 2,3 or even 4 missions in a day...do that two days in a row and see how many guys roll from biggin hill on your 7th hop of the weekend:aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson