Author Topic: 1973 Formula 455 (update)  (Read 538 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
1973 Formula 455 (update)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 01:57:08 PM »
I had a '75 Firebird "Buccaneer Red" which did have an orangish tint in the high noon sunlight but redder at all other times.  Make sure you keep a good coat of wax on it or it'll fade real quick.

Mine had a white interior with black dashboard, Hurst shifter and factory honeycomb rims, twin exhaust and spoiler on the back.  The '75 was the first year the F bodies got the wrap-around rear window.  It was a real eye-catcher.

Offline OneWordAnswer

• Copper Member
      • http://www.theanswerman.org/
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 06:58:30 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Get some more pictures of the car... only leave the hood down.  That picture made me cringe.  And straighten out your passenger side headlight... it will screw up your highbeams placed like that.

I love the 73... the last decent Firebird.  This is a great start for a muscle car froggy.  Now start hanging out with lazs so he can offer you some advice with that dog of a 455.

Jealous.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 07:12:45 PM »
Frenchy, a bit of advice for next time or future projects.

ALWAYS do the drive-train before doing paint and body work.

You will be ticked off when (not if) the paint gets scatched pulling/reinstalling the motor.

First go, then show :)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 12:29:02 AM »
Totaly agree Loser, but I didn't had much of a choice. Someone owed me a lot of money, but couldn't pay me back. Rather than having him getting beat up, we worked a deal: get his friend to do all this work and paint the car. I didn't spend a dime, might as well get something out of it.

Plus this car is my daily driver, she's not something to be left in the garage and taken out each month for some testoterone contest, or when I'm in lack of attention. I expect my baby to be all dinged up again within a year.

At least the most important was taken care of, stop the cancer from spreading.

Talking about Laz, pretending to be a muscle car lover, I'm surprised he didn't drop a line. Maybe I should post a picture of some 18th Street gangbangers "representing" next to their El Camino. :lol
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------