Author Topic: Can someone explain this eny thing?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Can someone explain this eny thing?
« on: August 21, 2004, 09:19:52 PM »
I don't understand all the terms. I just wanna know when/why I can't fly and how to tell if I can or cant. Please? lol
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 10:28:32 PM »
ENY values were orginally put in place to calculate how many perk points you would get for shooting down various planes... I don't know how the formula went but hte jist of it is someone who shoots down a la7 in a hurrican mk1 is going to get many more perk points than someone shooting down a hurri mk1 with an La7.   ENY values are kinda  assigned based on a planes performance.  planes with a low ENY value are typically better performers (be it speed, climb, firepower, whatever) than planes with high ENY values.

The new restrictions put in place by HTC simple state that as one country gets a larger and larger numerical advantage over the oposition planes start becoming unavailable.  If you right click on the clipboard map and select "country status" (or somthing like that) you can see what value the ENY restriction is at.  You will not be able to fly any plane with that number or lower.    
Your options at that point is to pick a plane with a higher ENY value or switch countries and help the underdogs.    

Hope my somewhat convoluted explaination made at least a little sense. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 10:45:22 PM »
that's exactly what I wanted to know. ty
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 01:46:40 PM »
Someone has my password....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 06:11:29 PM by Estes »

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 05:19:08 PM »
Doolittle....Estes....whats with that? ;)

Offline StraDog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 03:37:47 PM »
Originally posted by Soulyss

The new restrictions put in place by HTC simple state that as one country gets a larger and larger numerical advantage over the oposition planes start becoming unavailable.  
Your options at that point is to pick a plane with a higher ENY value or switch countries and help the underdogs.    

Thanks for the explanation.   I know this "Rule' probably isn't your idea, but - -

The only time I hit the pane restriction is when i am trying to defend a base that is getting pounded.   Experience wise the process seems to be working in reverse.    

A second, grump, (for whomever at HTC is watching) if we build out squads, remain loyal to our country and fly often we lose access to our favorite planes?:(

Thanks Ya'll

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 03:46:53 PM »
the flip side of it is that even if you're field is getting pounded, if you're hitting the ENY restrictions you side can muster a numerical superiority to offset the "qualitative" disadvantage you may be in.

Personally this whole country loyalty thing seems a bit silly.  I guess I just don't understand how some people can have such rabid devotion to one side or another in a video game,  especially when there isn't any inheirent differences between the sides in question.  I can understand having buddies on one side or another but if it's one thing I've noticed is that each and every country in this game has about equal parts interesting, fun, annoying, and stupid people.  I suppose I just don't see a difference between them.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline rod64

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 03:48:09 AM »
That is so true...about there being various people scattered throughout each country...I notice people do seem to congregate in little hierarchies and colonies within countries. I certainly do this, the main reason being that it really boring flying around by yourself...there are people that do this a lot too I suppose.

When flying alone, I get killed far too easy because I cant see the nmy properly due to lack of proper joystick and views etc, so rely very heavily on my "mates" to help me with 6 calls.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 11:40:42 AM »
True that within each country there are little sub communities of friends and mates, I guess my point is that each country more or less as these same groups, a niche where you can find like minded players and have a good time.  The ideal of flying for one country over another just seems a little on the fanatical side in a video game.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 02:48:53 PM »
......Personally this whole country loyalty thing seems a bit silly.  I guess I just don't understand how some people can have such rabid devotion to one side or another in a video game,  especially when there isn't any inheirent differences between the sides in question.  I can understand having buddies on one side or another but if it's one thing I've noticed is that each and every country in this game has about equal parts interesting, fun, annoying, and stupid people.  I suppose I just don't see a difference between them.

So would you have the Allies switch over to German or Japanese sides or vice versa because of a balance issue. Don't think so!
I was invited to join the Knights of the Dirty Fokkers squad, and don't plan on changing any time soon unless the CO (RacrX) decides to boot me (for bein a stupid noob), even then I doubt that I will change to Bish or Rook. Squad and Country loyalty has to have it's part or the game would be nothin but a bunch of freelancers killin everyone and everything, and there would be no point in having any sides!

Anyways, that's my penny's worth!:rofl :aok :cool:
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2004, 03:48:26 PM »
It's the MA there is no "allies" or "axis".  All I'm saying is that if you're squad can't fly it's "it's" plane as is, switch counties.  That maintaining a feverish loyalty to one video game country or another (especially when they are all the same)  to the point that someone would get so worked up that they'd quit is silly.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
Artificial balancing rules will only hurt the game in the long run!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 05:05:02 PM »
It's the MA there is no "allies" or "axis".  All I'm saying is that if you're squad can't fly it's "it's" plane as is, switch counties.  That maintaining a feverish loyalty to one video game country or another (especially when they are all the same)  to the point that someone would get so worked up that they'd quit is silly.

I get what you're saying, that some people get so involved in a video game to the max. You'll always have those that are Hard Core in an online environment, and you'll have those that could care less (Human Nature). And I'm not saying that they don't have a valid gripe, in some cases they do, especially when you have to shell out X$$/month to play then to have the rules change on you mid-game. That's not cool ! If a certain side needs more man-power (women-power too) then they need to do a better job of recruiting, instead of making up some new rules to eqaulize the man-power disperity in order to balance gameplay. You will only hurt the game in the long run by losing those that have tried to stay with it from the start! But you are right  that getting worked up about it is silly! That's when they need to step off and go do something else for a while like go help some poor noob in the T A figure this game out, or go to the H2H area, Etc.,Etc... or just logue off for a bit and come back when you're cooled down a bit. Because you have to realize that when your mad, you can't think rationally, and your going to make even more mistakes that are goin to Miff you off even more, compounding the problem, until you just give up and quit!

Anyway, there's another penny's worth!
(Hitech, are you gettin all these pennies?) LOL:rofl :aok :cool:
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline rod64

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2004, 10:32:19 PM »
That's when they need to step off and go do something else for a while like go help some poor noob in the T A figure this game out, or go to the H2H area, Etc.,Etc

Amen RobMo68. I am so impressed by some of the people in AH2 for them helping me with the game. I know this is off topic, but is good that this idea has been mentioned.

Funny, you know, when some people (a lot), always complain about not getting 6 calls etc. but never get off their fat arses to help others in the game. They can get blown up every few seconds for all I care (I love seeing this from an Osti, where I can give them a chk 6, but choose not to). Even though I am a Newbie from this games' perspective, I am no newcomer to gaming (12 years, I am 40 yrs old). I like to help people if they ask, why not? I have taken a number of people and shown them GVing for example...in the MA, where the training is "real". The more people in the game, the better it will be, I have no doubt about this.

AND, I did not know what the nmy values were for before this thread...now I know why I got 5.45 points for killing one plane (me in Yak 9U vs. 190D), when my wingy got 11 kills in the same sortie (he in La7), and got 11 points....wow, I wont be flying the low nmy value planes much now that I know about this.