Author Topic: Mouse sensitivaty  (Read 424 times)

Offline la7'sRule

• Zinc Member
      • http://dflw.2ya.com
Mouse sensitivaty
« on: September 10, 2004, 03:59:09 PM »
Hello.
I use a joy stick to play aces high...
but i have freinds who use a mouse....
The mouse aint sensative enough and is realy slow to respond.

how would i fix this for her?

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 04:33:40 PM »
in the setup / controls/ joystick, there are settings for dampening, and deadband

lower those, and play with the settings for the individual sliders for roll, pitch, AND yaw.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 04:33:40 PM »
Buy her a joystick.

She'll love ya for it! ;^)
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 04:36:05 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Buy her a joystick.

She'll love ya for it! ;^)
LOL that too... really, a JS is only about $25 for a twisty stick one at any local best buy. get something to get started.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 07:33:08 PM »
Would you buy or drive a car without a steering wheel? Similar to AH and mouse flying. Not using the right equipment will decrease your ability and what you can do, and maybe more important, the enjoyment level you can attain from AH.
If you'll notice in the system requirements it now states a joystick is required.
[ Edited by me- it's a family game ]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 11:44:16 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline la7'sRule

• Zinc Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 09:10:15 PM »
I use a joy stick..
Some tiimes dont plug it in and have used mouse...
throtlle sux with mouse but wasnt all bad

Offline rod64

• Zinc Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 03:41:16 AM »
I have been flying sims now for about 11 or 12 years on and off. Always with a mouse, so to some degree, it is what people are used to using.

I have found, to support the idea of a joystick, that it is the view and keeping the nmy in sight that I have trouble with, not the technicalities of flying so much. I cant really say what difference there will be between a JS and a rodent, but the view issue is the one that keeps killing me.

I have now been flying with some good people in the AH2 game, and all use JSs with hat switches, they have recommended that I obtain a JS with these functions.

I have now bought one and await its delivery.

I would also add that I would most prefer using a mouse for GV and bomber work, as their is no huge usage of movement anyway.

Offline la7'sRule

• Zinc Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2004, 04:21:05 AM »
You need a joy stick to calibrate a bomber sight unless you use the "im a newb" give me a training cross bomb sight.

Offline rod64

• Zinc Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 10:44:05 PM »
You need a joy stick to calibrate a bomber sight unless you use the "im a newb" give me a training cross bomb sight.

Spoken like a 10 year old...no you don't, what utter rubbish. People, if you have a mouse, use it...there is no reason to support any argument against rodents, especially in bombers or GVs.

This type of thing does not help new people in the game, it also shows ignorance of the methods for bombing...what do you need a JS for in a bomber? Dogfighting?

La7s rule? Does this mean you fly an La7?

One reason I dont use a JS (yet) is that I cant afford one, does that make me inferior to JS users, I doubt it.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 03:07:05 AM »
rod64, I have to agree with you. IF your used to flying with a mouse then use it. But I run into many new flyers in the TA just starting out and they try to use the mouse in their first simulation and the learning curve is steeper for them using a mouse over a joystick. If a guy has a technique that works for him, no way you can critisize it. For most new flyers I will stick by my opinion that a joystick will make it somewhat easier to learn the basics of flying.
The learning curve for the rest of the game is steep enough without having to learn mouse flying also as a beginning flight sim Cadet.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline la7'sRule

• Zinc Member
Mouse sensitivaty
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 04:14:01 AM »
Well i tried to teach trish to fly with mouse for a month... We got her a joy stick and Shes like A million times better now.

fair play mouse is useable. But you loose a lot of controll when not using a stick I know as i yuse both,

by the way i fly la7's and fully laden lankaster 3 bombers 100% fule 14x1000lb.
I calibrate the bombsight using joystick over mouse any day of the week. And i dont use those newb training crosses,

So i dunno wth ur baning on about lil man,
and my daughter is almost 10 so you really are quite amusing.