Author Topic: Hit Sprites  (Read 420 times)

Offline VoX

• Copper Member
Hit Sprites
« on: September 13, 2004, 04:38:51 PM »
Are there any plans to include different hit sprites for MG's and Cannons?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 04:43:28 PM by VoX »
Shoot! I smell Zack! Doom's a Fairy, Jimmy's a drunk, RT is very suspicious!
how do I start my engine...no seriously, How?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 06:58:25 PM »
or how about pushing the boat out and actually have debris and chunks of plane falling off instead of the dated sprite.

hey bloom btw :)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 08:11:51 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
or how about pushing the boat out and actually have debris and chunks of plane falling off instead of the dated sprite.

Like that idea. Maybe hit sprites and debris.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Hit Sprites
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 08:45:13 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic

what? we do not already have this? I see parts of wings falling off, I see a flap or elevator come off from time to time, when I shoot and get hits I see little particals falling off, but not enough that does severe damage to flight controls........

I figured everyone saw this........

when you really get good hits you see a whole wing collapse and then you still see good hit sprites on top of all this......

I was flying using a 21" Monitor at 1024x768 res,  it is in repair shop, so I am using either a 14" or a 17" depending on whose I am borrowing and I stil see these chunks, debris, parts coming off.........I am using 256 textures so I would think if I can see it using 256 most everyone else would be able to see it since I am near the low end of performance

just my observation
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 08:47:24 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
Hit Sprites
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 10:06:47 AM »
I see individual parts fly off (ailerons, rudder, wing-tips, wings, tails, etc) but not chunks.  I like the bullet holes I can see when my plane has been shot..... wait, no I don't!!! :eek:

Hammer
netAces.org - Tips, Tactics and More!

Offline VoX

• Copper Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 04:26:16 PM »
*Bump.

Hi MEchanic.

I dont see little pieces when I hit, I see hit sprites and I see the bits fall off just like in AH1 but I do not see little particles when I hit a Plane???
Played around with video settings and have not been able to reproduce.

Am I missing something?

VoX:confused:
Shoot! I smell Zack! Doom's a Fairy, Jimmy's a drunk, RT is very suspicious!
how do I start my engine...no seriously, How?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 07:48:04 PM »
i dont see hit particals, just flashes and large debris IE: elevators ailerons etc.

what am i mising?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 01:57:02 AM »
i think TequilaChaser got mixed up by what we mean.

we dont mean large bits of the plane falling off....we already have that.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 06:38:55 AM »
Originally posted by Overlag
i think TequilaChaser got mixed up by what we mean.

we dont mean large bits of the plane falling off....we already have that.

Sorry Overlag, but I see tiny little particles when I shot sometimes  ( invision metal parts being blown out of the wing in like 3 or 4 inch diameter , which will look very very small in comparison to the plane size on the screen ) , also see hit sprites, along with actual flap, or aileron, or elevator, or even part of wing or whole wing.............not every single time but sometimes, now it could just be my mind playing tricks on me and I am just invisioning what I would want to see......but I thought it looked very real to me........

Also, when I see this I say to myself, dangit I just saw debris fly off, why is he still flying so good!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2004, 07:37:19 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
Sorry Overlag, but I see tiny little particles when I shot sometimes  ( invision metal parts being blown out of the wing in like 3 or 4 inch diameter , which will look very very small in comparison to the plane size on the screen ) , also see hit sprites, along with actual flap, or aileron, or elevator, or even part of wing or whole wing.............not every single time but sometimes, now it could just be my mind playing tricks on me and I am just invisioning what I would want to see......but I thought it looked very real to me........

Also, when I see this I say to myself, dangit I just saw debris fly off, why is he still flying so good!

well i got AHII on max detail and see no "tiny little particles" at all. at least nothing like Il2
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Hit Sprites
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2004, 08:00:15 AM »
Originally posted by Overlag
well i got AHII on max detail and see no "tiny little particles" at all. at least nothing like Il2

rgr Overlag,
I am not saying others should or even don't see it, I just shot down a spit at 199 and wish I had the film on, it  showed a perfect example of shooting metal off of a plane as in debris and no other damage.

I will try to get some on film today or even snapshots if someone would like to host them so I can point out what I am seeing, later in this fight I finally knocked his aileron off, then made wing collapse, the got his tail section