Author Topic: Spotting GVs  (Read 748 times)

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
Spotting GVs
« on: October 14, 2004, 08:31:05 PM »
I've seen comments in a number of posts about not being able to see GVs until 1k out. To see GVs at range you need to either turn up the ground detail range (kills framerate, even on quick machines), or switch to the ground view mode. Just hit shift-f4 and viola, they'll show up as far as you can see the ground.

I wonder if many people have failed to discover this after hearing comments in game because of the resemblence shift-f4 bares to alt-f4, which toggles the "desktop" view mode.

-pellik

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Spotting GVs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 10:45:59 AM »
'Alt-tab' toggles the game to desktop, 'Alt-F4' crashes and terminates the game, to clarify. The 'shft-F4' may also need to be keymapped.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
Spotting GVs
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 01:50:10 PM »
Shift-f4 is the default key mapping for the ground view mode, no mapping need be done.

-pellik

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Spotting GVs
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »
You must be special because everyone else I know had to map it :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Spotting GVs
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
Does this key command toggle the ground view or do you have to use another key command to return to normal view? It seems to me that once you go to ground view it stays that way.

Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Spotting GVs
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 08:02:42 PM »
MajWoody,
you have a number of views to choose from, you can acess them by hitting Shift F1, Shift F2, Shift F3, Shift F4 and so on..to get back to the usual view ( default) you hit Shift F1. you can also increase frame rate by using Shift F2 rather than Shift F1 when flying etc......
Shift F4 is better used when in GVs
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Spotting GVs
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 08:07:21 PM »
Thx TequilaChaser    
:)
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME