Author Topic: very new from warbirds  (Read 1541 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
very new from warbirds
« on: March 11, 2000, 11:12:00 AM »
Hi all. Got a couple of questions.

I just DL'd AH and I am trying to set it up for my gear. I have all CH stuff--pro throttle, combat stick, and pro pedals. Now since I have been using speedkeys to set my button functions in the past for WB's should I also use it for AH. OR do I use the stick mapper resident with AH?

secondly-- I also dl'd dotsies sights and installed them in the the AH/ sights directory. But when in thye AC they look very small--as if they were made for a diferent resolution than I am running. However the read me file doesn't contain any info about that.

I got a bunch more questions--but will stop with that for now  

ammomn@warbirds.org
332nd Flying Mongrels
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline indian

• Copper Member
very new from warbirds
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2000, 11:45:00 AM »
I also have CH products. I use speed keys and made everything match my old Warbird settings. You  can get a list of key commands form the help page.

Welcome to Aces High

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Crew
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

funked

very new from warbirds
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »
Is this Ammo of Spectre?  Welcome in any case.      Drop by the training arena if you want some real-time help.

I don't know why the sights look small, they do on my machine too.  

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 03-11-2000).]

Offline [Sg]ShotGun

• Zinc Member
very new from warbirds
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
ammo, ditto on the previous responses. since AH has a 'keymapping' function similar to WB...all i did was determine a keystroke  function in AH, locate the peer keystroke used for that function in WB, and then remapp the AH keyboard to match the WB keystroke already loaded into me pro throt.

in other words, ur telling AH to use the keystrokes for its functions, the same as the keystrokes u used in WB.

that way i did not have to make a nu template for AH, and the keys will work if i fly WB again..

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
very new from warbirds
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2000, 06:02:00 PM »
Thx for the replies.

Funked-- howdy--I am ammomn flying for the 332nd in WB's. I have met the guy flying for spectre.  And I wil tke you up on the offer to come by the TA.

SG-- I will check that out. I Hada hard time with speed keys. It is out to get me I think
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
very new from warbirds
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
Ammo;

AH has the capablility to re-map the keyboard.  This might be easier to do.  Make AH fit your joystick macros instead of vice versa.

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew
Trainer