Author Topic: Air Lazs  (Read 356 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Air Lazs
« on: October 27, 2004, 03:10:19 AM »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 08:36:47 AM »
agreed.... sounds like my kinda flight...

except for the sissy boy stewardess with the 22 bearcat.   What does he think is gonna be the problem... rodent infestation?

Kimber is a nice gun tho... maybe I could lend the stewardess mine?

lazs

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 08:40:51 AM »
Most male flight attendants I've seen would probably be overgunned with a Bearcat if armed at all. A can of mace and a panic alarm might be more in order.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 08:43:43 AM »
I don't see why they can't just use a non-lethal weapon??

Like hand grenades or something.
-SW

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 08:47:09 AM »
I don't care if the weapon I use is leathal or not so long as it causes a huge wound cavity and major tissue damage with the shutting down of major organs like the heart and brain.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 08:58:11 AM »
Short tangent here. I went to the gun range a few days ago with my son to do a bit of shooting. Most of our shooting was done at about 10 yards with my 9mm Beretta. I'm satisfied with my grouping but my son's is better. They have a hundred + guns ya can rent and I wanted him to try a S&W 686 357 6" barrel so I rented one. Holy smoke, I shot out the center of target with that gun and his grouping was much improved too. Is a revolver really that much more accurate or is there something wrong with my Beretta? Maybe the orange sight?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 09:01:11 AM »
The sights, ergonomics and trigger pull (in single action) are all much better on a S&W revolver, IMO. Accuracy of the .38 and .357 rounds are also better than the 9mm.

I have owned a Model 19 for several years and it is by far the sweetest pisol I have ever handled.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 09:02:10 AM »
gun for gun.... yes... a revolver and the rounds it shoots are generally much more accurate than semi auto pistols.

As range increases (2-300 yards) this becomes even more apparent.

A lot of us learned to shoot out in the open at random and unknown ranges from 20-200 or more yards.   We learned earlyu that the semi auto guys were just wasting ammo.   Plus.... we didn't have to police brass.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 09:14:17 AM »
My son said that shooting the Beretta felt like lobbing the bullets compared to the 357. I told him that the 9mm is pretty high velocity but that the semi auto action is what creates that feel.

Gonna hafta get me one of those S&W revolvers. I learned to shoot in the open too though not pistols, only rifles and shotguns. It's my understanding that the county in which I live is very restrictive as to where you can shoot. How does one go about learning where to shoot in the open? There's gotta be some public land around here somewhere where shooting is permissible.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 09:58:47 AM »
If we had any brains that would be allowed.  We can only hope someday.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 10:44:58 AM »
AK, you can call the local PD or sherriff and ask. They'll give you good info as well as a name to drop if anyone questions what you're up to.

EDIT: Here's another option for you: http://www.wheretoshoot.org/

It doesn't list every location, but it may give you a good start.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 11:08:30 AM by VOR »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Air Lazs
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 12:03:35 PM »
Appreciate the advice VOR, will check 'em out.