Author Topic: Film viewer questions.  (Read 942 times)

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
Film viewer questions.
« on: July 13, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
1. Is it possible to slow things down slower than real time??
2.Why doesn't the record icon go away at the end of flight (lost some duels because I thought I was still recording from previous flight)
3.Is it possible to smooth pan to any angle rather than snap views??
4. Why does ack open up at take off airfield??

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Film viewer questions.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2000, 07:29:00 AM »

Originally posted by Sparks:

Yes, see the slider at the bottom of the clipboard? Center is 1:1, left is slow, right is fast.

2.Why doesn't the record icon go away at the end of flight (lost some duels because I thought I was still recording from previous flight)

Beacause it's still recording. At least any time I forgot to turn it off I got this LONG
film of several sorties.

Yes, F8 is pan view, you should be able to get to any view you want. Also Ext views work as well. (I use F4 ext a lot in conjuction with F8)

Sorry you've got me stumped on this one.
Heck 3 out of 4 isn't bad though.  

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
Film viewer questions.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2000, 10:27:00 AM »
addition to Ghosth's answers:

Like Ghosth said. To get back in real time press "play" button.

Like ghosth said. You have to stop recording yourself. The key is same used to start recording. (Alt+r is default)

Again like he said. The "pan view" of F8 can also be used when using the external F3/F4 views (available in fighters only in replay and offline, always in bombers). Notice that sometimes it seem like F4 doesn't have full freedom of movement (to go all the way around the plane), but try to move camera out a bit. This is mostly used when trying to look behind you with the external F4.

The filmviewer currently doesn't record the strategic situation (field ownerships for instance) but will instead use the situation from the offline arena with each country's fields scattered all around the map.
So there is a risk the field you take off from in the film is considered an enemy even tho it wasn't when in the game (check the map, ESC). It won't affect the results in your film tho. Just the visual look (tracers all over)

Snef
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
Film viewer questions.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2000, 12:18:00 PM »
Thanyou both  
That has resolved all my queries on that - just looked at some films and got a lot more from them.
Must admit thought the slider was a "film remaining" indicator - doh !!
Got the panning working altough the mapping on my stick is a bit queer to use - just my mapping I guess
.One last thing - why do tracers not show on films??

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
Film viewer questions.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2000, 06:38:00 AM »
why do tracers not show on films??
Basically the same as for the fields showing wrong ownership. The viewer simply don't record enemies press on triggers. It is either a size problem making the files to big (as more data needs to be saved) and therefore it was omitted or it has simply not been programmed into the film viewer yet because of more urgent issues. If the last is the case (Which I think it is), you will be able to see them sometime in the future.

------------------
"Head-ons are for pilots that don't know what their next move should be"

Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"