Author Topic: new car ?  (Read 720 times)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2004, 10:00:29 AM »
The GTO is a little more practical than the Mustang since it actually has a back seat that won't cause crippling injuries to adults trying to sit there.  It also has, lets face it, a better engine with about 100 more HP than the Mustang.  Its straightline performance is supposedly better than the Mustang, and they both handle well enough that you won't know the difference unless you're a professional driver.

On the other hand it costs more than the Mustang and--likely why we don't see many of them on the roads--it suffers badly from a very bland appearance.  It looks more like a Japanese import than a Pontiac muscle car.  With a car like this, the look is just as important as how well it actually drives, so that is a serious drawback.

Overall, personally I pefer the Mustang just due to the more distinctive appearance, but the GTO is probably the better car in technical terms.  

J_A_B

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2004, 10:14:40 AM »
Hey killnu, i'm sitting about 5 miles from NNPTC Cir. What part of town ya staying in?

As for the car, C6 Corvette. It's worth the extra $$. I drove three of em on the VIR road track in July against a Boxter-S, 911, and a little Z4. Closest thing to it was the 911 at a little more than $40k more. Good luck finding one though.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2004, 12:24:46 PM »
i live on base housing in goose creek, off red bank road lazerus.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: new car ?
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2004, 02:45:22 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
ive been thinking of gettin a new car.  i currently drive a 03 lexus IS300.  im looking at the 05 mustang GT and the VW r32.  which of the 2 would you pick?  or would ya keep what i got?  thanks in advance.

Funny, I have a 00 Mustang GT vert and was thinking about getting a IS300.   Why do you want to get rid of it?

Mustangs will be sold at full sticker price for a while and reliability will be a concern, since it is a new model year and they don't make them like the Fox bodies anymore.

R32 makes me think 'Rabbit', but it would be a fun car.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2004, 02:51:04 PM »
reason to get rid of my IS300?  well, to do any sort of mods to it is quite expensive.  that is the main reason.  other than  that, i love it.  i just want more horses under the hood and the mustang gives 300 for a very reasonable price.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2004, 11:23:11 PM »
Cracker Barrel turned into a trip to Wally World, then a bottle at Carraba's, then to BackStage. Just got home about 30 min ago. We'll catch up. Hell, call me at 553-9000 tomorrow after 11am, I'll be there 'till 9pm. Ask for Matt.

edit: ph#
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 11:40:50 PM by Lazerus »

Offline Lazerus

• Gold Member
new car ?
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2004, 11:27:20 PM »
First year production of an all new platform needs to be limited so they can take it slow while building it. I know Chevy has taken this approach and it's working out great for them on their new lines.

Of course they still have some problems, but nothing like the old days of new models falling apart. The problems I have seen have all been minor and far apart so far.

Just hoping it stays that way.