Author Topic: Help me testing Okinawa!  (Read 466 times)

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Help me testing Okinawa!
« on: October 31, 2004, 12:22:35 PM »
I have finished Okinawa update, but I have no time to test it. Can somebody help me with it that I can send it to Skuzzy next week?

Here's the AH II Okinawa.res zipped file:

okinawa.res

You must check next points:

1) All the GV spawns on the main isle: they are working correctly and the point of compass are right etc.

2) All the Gun batteries: you can shoot without any visual obstructions etc.

3) All the fleets: you can take command, add the waypoints and check that Fleets are really moving. You must also check that you can upping from every possible carrier (not all).

4) Field capturing: destroy for ex. in the H2H arena with your friends some town near airfield and destroy also the airfield's ack (because towns are really near fields). Then capture the field with normal system.

Try also capture the biggest Naha Airfield (A 13). It is difficult, because there are two cities near it assigned as "Bombable" objects. I suppose that you must destroy the acks from those bombable-cities. Check also that those cities acks' are really working!

If you notice some errors, please inform here. If we have couple of you testing you can make a distribution of work: somebody take point 1, somebody point 2 etc.

Inform here if you can help me! If we can make this soon (before next tuesday) it is possible that Okinawa is ready to CT on next friday!:aok

Thank You!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 12:25:33 PM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 12:39:23 PM »
I will help you out and let you know what i find out.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 01:31:10 PM »
Thank you Memnon!

Furball had a good idea in the CT today: maybe I remove some ships from the fleets, because those six massive fleets has too heavy ack. I think we don't need those historical big CV's in the Combat Theater? I can use for example HTC's default CV's and put there six of them!

Tell me your opinion, please!;)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 02:32:18 PM »
just put it in my folder ganna go test it out:aok

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 02:52:58 PM »
Sorry, no time to help you test, Kanttori, but I wanted to say that's a good idea on the fleets.

The massive size of the fleets (and subsequent output of flak) has always been the biggest drawback of this particular map for CT purposes, I think.

Looking forward to its return.

Splash1

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 10:06:31 PM »
Kanttori just tested the spawns and to see if ships move and can be controled and everything look good i love the spawns u spawn like 500ft from the towns in some places:aok  great job

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 02:25:33 AM »
Thank You TK!:)

Have you tested the Shore Batteries, too? Almost every airfield and couple of V-fields have 3 - 4 SB's!

I have removed those massive six fleets and added six HTC's default CV's there. Fleet's ack is not a problem anymore. I think six fleet is good, because it's now very much easier to Japs sunk those carriers with SB's and torpedo bombers.

I have also removed couple of Yamato's Destroyers away.

On the Okinawa main isle's south part there is a very heavy ack even if I have used HTC's default airfields. That's because the historical airfields Naha, Machinato, Yanabaru, Kadena and Yontan are very near each other and two of them are the biggest ones. There are also couple of V-bases and one city now (Naha).

But the South Okinawa was very hard to the US in the real life too, it took about three months to overhelm those last bunkers there.

Easiest to US is capture at first Yontan or Ie Shima Airfield (as historically) and then two V-bases near Yontan. After that it's easier to roll south base to base.

US must also use jabos to eliminate field acks from those southern fields. So Bish/US must organize their troops very good to capture the whole Okinawa in the game! ;)

After all I think it is now very much better than the old version and our Lentolaivue 32 is very ready to defend Okinawa to the last man! BANZAI!!! :D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 02:28:00 AM by kanttori »

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 02:38:57 AM »
I am going to test Okinawa in this evening at 22:00 - 24:00 CET in the H2H arena. It's 16:00 - 18:00 US eastern, I think.

If it's possible please come there to test it: We try to capture those smallest airfields and V-bases with Corsair-jabo attacks without japanese fighters: so we can have 8 players to do it.

Then we can check the ack's amount in the southern part of Okinawa.

Please delete the current okinawa.res file from your ahiiterr folder and come to arena with downloading, because I have a new update then! :)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 11:45:24 AM »
Originally posted by kanttori

I have removed those massive six fleets and added six HTC's default CV's there. Fleet's ack is not a problem anymore. I think six fleet is good, because it's now very much easier to Japs sunk those carriers with SB's and torpedo bombers.

wtg kanttori :)

you da man.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 11:58:50 AM »
I'll be there tonight. I think you should leave the massive fleets and let skuzzy have final say on them. I do agree with the ack problem and the massive fleets but 2.01 should help out alot with that i think.

TK and Kan how do you guys get your H2H to work. I have setup a H2H and no one can join i am getting no ping or the people who try to come in say they see no ping. I shut down my firewall and still nothing. Please help.

I will E-mail the 2112th and let them know what you are going to do Kan with the H2H so if you want to make the number bigger so that the teasting can be done faster. What ya think.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2004, 12:55:44 PM »
I like the standard fleets. The massive 6 CV fleets were good as a Scenario setup, but it was awful as a CT map. Just make 2 versions, have one version for Scenario use with the 6 CV fleets, and have another CT version with standard single CV fleets. Everything else looks great, thanks again for your work Kanttori!

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 01:31:35 PM »
Memnon, more numbers to H2H is good idea if you can arrange it!

Now I'm busy, making final adjustments to the terrain! It's now 21:30 in Finland and I'm ready after halfo hour in the H2H if it is working as it should be!

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2004, 01:52:58 PM »
I'm just downloading the 36 Mb AH update, so I might be a little late from the H2H. I hope everything is going well with my computer with the new update! Look after half hour from this when my message has send.

Look time from there:

<----------------------------

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Help me testing Okinawa!
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2004, 03:51:12 PM »
Everything seems to be ok, so I send the files toSkuzzy tomorrow on Tuesday. I hope he has enough time to buit it before Friday! I inform here as soon as I hear something from him!