Author Topic: my damn engine sound!!!!!  (Read 837 times)

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/terracota
my damn engine sound!!!!!
« on: January 17, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
hello I now this is not the rigth forum to post this but in the technical support sucks.

I have a problem that I will try to explain i dont now if is normal but is driving me crazy:
my english sucks so I will explain it that way  :

1) select any plain on hanger
2) select any field
3) plane already on the runaway
4) star me engine
5) inmediatly engine started a full throttle sound comes, but the manifoil gauge is still on zero and plane completly stoped and my joy trottle full back or zero  
6) I start to increase throttle (the sound of full power still there)
7) when manifoil 20 the sound turns to the normal way and after that the sound is ok relative to manifoil

this happens with all planes, except vehicles and boats.
I have a ms precision 2 with trhottle, latest drivers etc
legacy sound card with latest drivers, etc
this problem happened to me when 1.05 comes out
I tryed everything : joystick config, sound, planes sound etc, but still the problem there
any help?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2001, 01:45:00 PM »
Have you added any external sounds (i.e. Sounds created outside of HTC) to the software?

Tried uninstalling AH, then re-install it if all else fails.

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
one more thing before I forget:

when Im orw and rdy to start my engine:
star engine, the full trottle sound arrives and is not the same I have in my custom sounds ie.
I have a custom engine sound for the f4u1d in the sounds/f4u1d/engine.wav, then when star the trottle at 20 manifoil this extrange sound disapears and my custom sound starts to work and this happens with all my custom engine sounds of any plane, allways the same sond comes before I 20 manifoil
the custom engine start works fine to any plane too, so is not a problem of the engine start sound because after this sound comes the extrange one and then my normal custom sound

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
sure I installed AKWsounds
I uninstalled AH like 3 times withuout that sounds but the problem still there  

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2001, 02:14:00 PM »
check your engstart.wav   it may be hosed up.
Yell and I can send ya mine  

S!
Rocket

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
verify your hardware. check your irq's making sure your sound card isn't conflicting with anything else.

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
 Try moving all AH sound files and the indivdual sound folders out of your HTC AH directopry - except for the sounds of one plane. Copy them to C:\temp or somewere so you can copy them back. Try that one plane. If it works fine then copy back, one at a time, each individual plane folder till either appears again. Hopefully it doesn't.  If it does then you've narrowed the beastie down

-Westy

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2001, 05:36:00 PM »
nope nothing works

rocket: I tried all kind of files, actually I have the ones snafu sends me, so is not the wav file problem, but send me yours anyway to try it

eagler: nope is not hardware problem, I re-checked everything and everything is ok

westy: I did that
  1) reinstalled AH
  2)  delete all my sound files
  3)  I made this test, I just leave the f4u1d folder in the sound directory with only the engstart and eng wavs, then I deleted all the rest of sounds including the default ones and here comes the most extrange part , this extrange sound is still there, I searched all my disk drive checked all the sounds and this one is not there, but still sounds in the AH software , them I deleted my engstart wav, and this sound still there, then deleted the eng sound and this crap still there, can you belive that????
 looks like if this sound is on HTC server in my account folder   and everytime I log this sounds is downloaded to my hdd can this be posible?, but I try it ofline without log on main arena but sound still there.
may be my pc have some ghost  , maybe the soul of a dead pilot posses my pc now   now I need a priest not a technician,
so Im completly lost, I will format my pc and this sound will be still here    

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2001, 05:40:00 PM »
 Can you do a search on your PC to show all your  .wav  and try each one out till you hear it? This could check to see if your PC/soundcard is grabbing another wave file by accident. If you have ALOT of wav files on your PC this may be tedious, but otherwise I can't think of any way to find that sound and removing it

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 01-17-2001).]

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2001, 06:46:00 PM »
sure westy I expended like 1 hour check them all and that sound is not on my hdd