Author Topic: Info on HQ-Fuel dumps.etc.  (Read 851 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Info on HQ-Fuel dumps.etc.
« on: January 05, 2000, 03:34:00 PM »
Where can I find info on questions as such:

Taking down HQ's and their effects on the enema.

Taking out Fuel dumps and the effects on the enema.

Taking out Ammo Dumps and the effect on the enema.

Time to rebuild for AAA's HQ's etc.

How to delay the time for the above..etc.

I like to bomb and fight  both, but need more info.

I found out that it takes 20/500'lbers to destroy HQ and was told that it stays down for 30 min.

Anyone got facts and data out there, or can direct to the facts and data?  Thanks!

Offline Sledriver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2000, 03:48:00 PM »
Good questions Rip. i would also like this information.

------------------
Sledriver
(The MAD BOMBER)

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2000, 03:50:00 PM »
Gathered from HT's info bits:

Field targets and HQ - 30 minutes downtime
Cities and factories - 60 minutes downtime

City damage affects HQ and factory rebuild time (depending on % of city downed)

Factory damage affects field target rebuild time (depending on % of factory destroyed)

Each field target (Acks, Fuels, Ammo, Barracks) has a factory equivalent (Flack factories, Fuel refineries, Ammo factories, Grunt training).

Not confirmed but I think you can expect 100% rebuild time increasement by 100% hit on city/factory.

Az

------------------
Azrael
 Red Dragons

214CaveJ

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2000, 07:43:00 PM »
Factory buildings now have a rebuild time of 1hr?  Last I'd heard it was just 30 minutes.

Anyway....

The rebuild time of items is affected by a factor of 4 (last I heard on this was talking with HT in the arena).  In one of the infamous raids on F1, after taking F1 we flattened the city 100% then hit the HQ.  Talking with a bishcuit pilot their dar was down about 2.5 hrs.  

This makes the strat elements pretty important, as with a coordinated effort you can rob a country of the ability to fight.  100% city down then 100% fuel refinery down give 2.5hrs of killing the fuel tanks at bases and them not regenerating for 2.5hrs.  Once the city and refinery are flat, only a couple of 17s would be needed to remove the fuel tanks at all the front line fields, restricting that countries pilots to 25% fuel at those fields or long flight burning fuel from back fields (which could also be hit).

This could also be used on ammo factories and ammo bunkers (ordinance) to prevent a country from dropping bombs, the grunt training facilities and barracks to prevent troop drops, and the radar factories and tower to take 'pinpoint' dar away from the enemy (though just take it all away by killing the HQ).

HT & Crew, correct me if I'm wrong (Please!), but all of this is based on my observations from strategic-type campains in the arena.

------------------
Air power is a thunderbolt launched from an egg shell invisibly tethered to a base.         -  Hoffman Nickerson

[This message has been edited by 214CaveJ (edited 01-05-2000).]

Mr.ED

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2000, 09:37:00 AM »
It was interesting last night when 2 biscuit 17's at 37-40k drove clean to our HQ, kilt it and we had no DAR.
I sure wish my Pursuit-51 didn't poop out at much below them.

Mr.ED
Pony Driver
Bad Knight

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2000, 09:57:00 AM »
Do the damage counters in the map room even work? I hit 3 of 4 buildings on one of the Bish AAA factories and then changed to their side to check the AAA status and it was still at 100% ?! It should have been 75% at least I think...

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2000, 10:19:00 AM »

It was interesting last night when 2 biscuit 17's at 37-40k drove clean to our HQ, kilt it and we had no DAR.

Around 9 or 10PM?  That was Jolly and myself during our squad ops.  Figured the Nits had been given enough of a respite and tried to rally up the Bishs to kick some Nit booty.  Time to show the Nits what happens when two countries focus exclusively on the third  

BTW...I think we were maybe 27-30K.  I get dizzy if I get much above 30K.

-Ding

[This message has been edited by Dingy (edited 01-11-2000).]

214CaveJ

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2000, 09:19:00 AM »
good one dingy, maybe we should have a "one night truce" between the bish and rooks and give those pesky nits a taste for real war =)

Mr.ED

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2000, 09:36:00 AM »
Ding,

The 17s I was after were in orbit. My Pony flatens out at 35K and they were 3-5K above me. Still dots. Heck I Had one dive on me, being chased by a 17, how embarassing!

Mr.ED
Pony Driver
Diggin' the thin air

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2000, 05:50:00 AM »
Juzz:  knocking out a strategic target, like a fuel refinery etc, has absolutely no effect on a field unless that field's structure (e.g. fuel tanks)is also destroyed.

In the situation you quoted, although the AA factories buildings were down, that won't effect the AA sites at fields unless those field sites are also bombed.

It's all a question of how long it will take field structures to rebuild.  Hit no strat targets and field structures rebuild in half an hour.  The state of the city affects how long the rebuild time is for the factories, and those in turn affect the rebuild times for the fields.

So, hit the city, the ack factory and field acks and the city rebuilds first, then the ack factory rebuilds, and only then does the field ack rebuild.

Clear as mud??  

------------------
C.O. Phoenix Squadron
www.users.bigpond.com/afinlayson/index.htm
'feel the heat .......'

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2000, 10:59:00 AM »
<PUNT>