Author Topic: Check six  (Read 474 times)

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Check six
« on: January 18, 2002, 04:09:40 PM »
Ok.  Neewwbee question.

Since I'm a miserable (and often dead) fighter pilot, I get a lot of Check 6 calls.  My question is, how do you send them?

I gather you tune your radio to the target in question, type the quotation-mark key into the buffer and hit enter.  Is this correct -- or is there a more direct way?  I've tried it a few times, but am not sure the message got through; all that showed up in my message window was      Splash1:  "      in white text.

On a related note, in the heat of a dogfight, how does one manage to pull up the radio, type in a GameID and send a check 6 call while continuing to preserve one's own bacon?  I find I don't have that many fingers and toes.... :eek:

Splash1

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Check six
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 04:20:05 PM »
Just hit the ' key.  No need to bring up the radio.

Just keep hitting it to cycle thru the friendlies visible until it highlights who you want it to.  

F.

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Check six
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 04:23:12 PM »
If you go to the keyboard mapping in setup, u'll see the is actually a command for sending check six's. U may need to map it to a keystroke.

U'll also wanna map friendly icon select, and cycle targets.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Check six
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2002, 08:48:40 PM »
just hitting the: ' key sends a 6 call to the closent friendly to the center of the screen (no need to "lock" on them). I frequently roll the plane a bit to "aim" at the friendly i want to warn.
use this with causion, since in a furball you might easily send 6 calls to the wrong guy - most annoying.

and check your 6.
Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Check six
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2002, 02:50:42 AM »
Originally posted by bozon
just hitting the: ' key sends a 6 call to the closent friendly to the center of the screen (no need to "lock" on them). I frequently roll the plane a bit to "aim" at the friendly i want to warn.

Just to clarify, when you press the ' a box will appear around the friendly which will be warned - if it is incorrect press the ' again quickly and repeat until it is around the correct person - the call will not go until about a second has elapsed after releasing the key.

One thing I keep intending to do is program it to a key on my Joystick, to save hunting for the ' key.  :)  
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Check six
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2002, 12:54:16 PM »
Thanx all for the clarifications.  I understand it perfectly now.  !

Splash1