Author Topic: DUX - Ch problem in TE  (Read 534 times)

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« on: January 26, 2005, 01:40:43 PM »
Complety blanked on this, but you have to import (copy/paste) your settings folder from Aces High into the TE directory for the CH stuff to work....

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »
Thanks! I don't personally use a joystick in the TE, but this is good info to know. :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline FalconSS

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 09:46:25 AM »
Waffle, zmeg has instructions for getting the joystick to work, here on this board somewhere but I am unable to find, if you e-mail him Im sure he'd send them to you.
Marty McFly

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 10:04:40 AM »
Mines working - just had to import settings...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 11:07:35 AM »
If the TE is installed in the Aces High installation folder, you should not have to do anything as the TE uses the 'settings' folder of Aces High for the stick setup.

It should work that way.  If it isn't, someone tell me.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 11:37:19 AM »
I had my installation in a different folder...

sorry - no need for alarm... least I don't think :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 12:01:45 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
If the TE is installed in the Aces High installation folder, you should not have to do anything as the TE uses the 'settings' folder of Aces High for the stick setup.

Skuzzy,

the way all my Aces High software has installed as been as follows

main directory/folder

HTC   then a sub folder for each program

HTC/aceshigh
HTC/aceshighII
HTC/aheditor
HTC/ah2editor

this is how the installation set it up by default........also one of the help files mentioned I would find my currentterrain.cfg in the settings folder, but  there is no such folder in either aheditor or ah2editor...........so should I check the settings folder in aceshigh or aceshigh2?

ok, I checked settings folder for both, my AH2 folder had no change in the currterr.cfg file, but my AH folder had been modified recently in the past week,  and I have used both  the AH and AH2 editor......so who knows I sure don't :-)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 12:06:46 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 06:26:50 PM »
Not sure what folder it throws it in, but i tried importing the files from the game ( as was suggested here) and the buttons STILL never worked.

The fly forward button, flies you backwards and in a circle. I even tried reversing the button in the game and THEN importing the settings and the TE STILL re-inverts the buttons.
I AM using old analog CHpro peddals, and flightstick pro joystick. Since winXP doesn't recongnize the analog pro throttle I disconnected it.  So I am down to joystick and peddals, which work weird and uncontrollable in the TE, but works fine in the game.

I know, I know,.."break down and buy new usb stuff" but I just bought a new house so funds are tight ATM. And the computer is pretty new, so the USB stuff collided with wife ack.
 I have reskinned alot of the objects, but the time consumption with the controllers made me put mapmaking on the back burner until the new TE was released, hoping the controller problem would be addressed in the new release.

Skuzzy, I hope this addresses your question, the TE "may" supposed to grab and use the controller info from the game, But it must not since many others have had the same problem with the new TE.
NUTTZ

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 06:44:28 PM »
off topic... Nuttz, can you drop me an e-mail sometime?
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 08:09:25 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ
Not sure what folder it throws it in, but i tried importing the files from the game ( as was suggested here) and the buttons STILL never worked.

The fly forward button, flies you backwards and in a circle. I even tried reversing the button in the game and THEN importing the settings and the TE STILL re-inverts the buttons.
I AM using old analog CHpro peddals, and flightstick pro joystick. Since winXP doesn't recongnize the analog pro throttle I disconnected it.  So I am down to joystick and peddals, which work weird and uncontrollable in the TE, but works fine in the game.

Actually, now that you mention it -When  I tried messing around with the TE , i have to use some of the rocker switches on the CH fighterstick to get the movement....

I do recall some weirdness in the fact that different things/buttons controlled different movements outside of "normal" flying controls.

Using CH USB Fighterstick/rudders

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 08:18:03 PM »
Ok, let me put it this way.  If you want the TE to use your stick settings from the game, simply install the TE in the Aces High folder, or copy the 'settings' folder from Aces High to the installation folder of the TE.
By default, the TE works like Aces High (uses the same functions as a matter of fact) to allow the stick and all your mappings to work like they do in the game.  It even loads them from the 'settings' folder.

If that does not work, then I want to know about it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 08:22:28 PM »
Getting ready to install TE right now - will check it out with CH stuff. I am going to place my settings folder into the Terrain Editor directory. Will report any oddities.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 08:30:35 PM »
Seems to work fine. The only thing that I thought was weird was the that the rocker switch (which I use for trimming the nose down in the game) makes your posistion move forward. The secondary fire moves backward. Speed is correctly controlled by throttle, and all movement pitch/bank/skew is correct.

That's what I get with the CH Stuff.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2005, 02:33:10 AM »

Uhm, well it doesn't quite work that way on my Saitek x45.  I can use the stick but the buttons are missed matched.  I expect it to work like Gods eye but it doesn't, different buttons controll forward and back and I can't find a way to change them.  I've learned to make do with it the way it is.

edit:
I'll double check and post the setup when I get back home in a couple of days but the number 2 button is forward if I remember correctly, can't remember the rest.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 02:35:40 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
DUX - Ch problem in TE
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 07:56:06 AM »
The only difference should be the primary and secondary fire buttons.  They are used for moving forward and backward in the TE.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese