Author Topic: yaw settings for a ch pro pedals  (Read 721 times)

eye

yaw settings for a ch pro pedals
« on: June 05, 2000, 03:21:00 AM »
I think my yaw settings still are not as good as they should be. It hurts my shots. Any one have ch peddals that would share there set up with me. Ive fooled
around with them to no end and their still off. Its costing me fights. Any help greatly apreciated. I need slider dampening and deadband settings.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2000, 05:22:00 AM »
Looking for the same thing... No answer yet  
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2000, 08:50:00 AM »
Guys,

I think what you just need is some practice with them.  I have CH Pedals and when I first started AH I too thought that the sensitivity of the Pedals were waaaayy off.

One thing that helped initiailly was to creat a hyperbolic curve using the sensitivity sliders.  Its a very shallow climb in sensitivity up until about 50% and then it gets much more sensitive up to the end.

I've sinced changed it back to the default and gotten used to it since.

-Ding

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2000, 09:50:00 AM »
I have the same problem...also they drift tremendously during flight.... they also don't work as well as my MS twist stick on my other system.....
doc

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2000, 11:09:00 AM »
The USB Pro Pedals drift DURING flight??  I run the ingame calibration before going to the runway on the first flight of the day. And never have to recal again (unless a reboot)   Is it possible that they simply are sliding on the floor and giving the impresion of uncalibrated?  sorry if that sounds stoopid. But like Dingy I tried messing with the settings and just went to default and got used to em    (anchoring them to my hotass  helped mucho)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2000, 04:25:00 PM »
I anchored mine like this . (Standard CH )

They don't move around on me and u can still pick them up to clean under etc .

cheers spro

[This message has been edited by airspro (edited 06-05-2000).]
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2000, 04:39:00 PM »
I use the CH Pro Pedals and i havent really done much on the slider setup at all.
I think, and i'll check when i get home, that my damper is set pretty small maybe only 1/4 inch on the slider. and the dead band is also as small. The sensitivity sliders are set as a very slight curve with the 1st slider around 10%.
I think its just a matter of setting the dampers and deadbands fairly small to allow very fine movements to be translated in a smooth motion with the 1st 1/2 travel being a bit finer than the last 1/2 to allow for fine gun alignments and then take time to get used to em. This is the way i like mine and theres bound to be a hundred pilots who are cringing at my set up - but it works for me.

------------------
Overlord Spatula

flipping luftwaffles and red guys for a while now

=357th Pony Express=

[This message has been edited by Spatula (edited 06-05-2000).]
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group