Author Topic: Aces High Review  (Read 704 times)

Offline Bradburger

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.internet-today.co.uk/myweb/bradburger/Ahsounds.htm
Aces High Review
« on: February 07, 2000, 07:18:00 PM »
Go read it:

http://www.dogfighter.com/reviews/show.php3?review=949682554

Cheers

Bradburger

[This message has been edited by Bradburger (edited 02-07-2000).]

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
Aces High Review
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2000, 01:09:00 AM »
Actually I thought that was a pretty fair review.

------------------
+Jase ^Nomads^ AH
Fly-Nomadic

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Aces High Review
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2000, 03:58:00 AM »
Seemed fair and impartial to me.  You must remember though, this game is only a few months old and is still undergoing rapid progress.  A lot of those cons you cited, such a limited plane set, will change in a hurry.  What impresses me the most about the game is the fact that only 6 people created it!  (I bet Bill Gates would be a trillionare if he had employees this productive.   )

bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Aces High Review
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2000, 07:41:00 AM »
 Phaetn looks like he has a lower resolution screen shot of the cockpit. In higher resolution it looks even better.
 He also doesn't mention that ICONS are still visible when in clouds which makes it hard to play cat & mouse or use the clouds to jump the unwary.
 Otherwise it is a very fair and accurate review.
 Especially about the part on it's early and HTC has just started rolling!

-Westy

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Aces High Review
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2000, 11:57:00 AM »
Also he's complaining about the sounds .. he should get AKWabbits Sound pack    

------------------

Phillip "Duckwing6" Artweger
Flight Officer "E" Flight
Skeleton Crew

[This message has been edited by Duckwing6 (edited 02-08-2000).]

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Aces High Review
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »
Then He'd REALLY have something to complain about.  ;>

Someone told me online last night my 109 sounded like a lawn mower.   Actually now that I listen again it sorta does. :>

Heck how do I know what a 109 sounds like.  Besides, I don't drive that Nazi crap.  As long as my Hawg and Spit sound cool. :>

Actually I would have welcomed some input on the German birds but no one offered any.

Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
Aces High Review
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2000, 03:55:00 PM »
Hmm seen on AGW some mention a CD with LW sounds.Amongst places it has been sold at the Icebreakers gathering.Most likely has a copyright though.
Anyone?

danish

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
Aces High Review
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2000, 05:03:00 PM »
hmm done a little surfing.This guy seems to be seriously involved with sounds for EAW - maybe you could mail him and share interests - good luck!   ;=) http://www.meatwater.de/eaw_eng.htm

danish

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Aces High Review
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2000, 06:23:00 PM »
Danish,

Thanks for the info.  I can't use them directly but hearing them might help me understand what I'm shooting for.  I'll definetly check out the EAW thing.  The library I'm using now licenses me to use them in a dirivative work.  So I'll try and stick with it and tweak.  Now that I registered my copy of Goldwave I don't have to fight the nag screens.  

I've already decided to do a version 2 of the sound set.   I just wanted to get a basic set out asap so people could get a little different flavor for the dirrerent craft especially the buffs and goonies.

I'll try and keep improving them and adding more with new planes.

Thanks,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.