Author Topic: Last nights Training experience  (Read 505 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Last nights Training experience
« on: February 22, 2000, 08:29:00 AM »
Let me say from the start, it makes the job SO much easier when both parties have Roger Wilco on when training!  I flew with a fellow that is doing a review for Aces High for some magazine (sorry, forgot which one he mentioned, maybe he can answer if he reads this) and fortunately, he was an AW vet, with RW already enabled, we hooked up for 1.5 hours and was a real breeze getting him "off the runway"...even with the Ensign Eliminator!  Every trainee I encounter from now on I am going to request them to get RW and a $20 headset to make life much simpler for them!

Kudos to the folks flying out of F9 for not engaging us, (Trainee got engaged once, but after asking a 2nd time to hold off, the flyers backed off, we *could* have switched airfields as well) Only that diptoejam Weazel shot me down while training..(can I say that about my CO?) hehe, but hey, I deserved it, flew in front of his guns!  Just kidding Weaz!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)

"Opfer mussen gebracht werden"
— Otto Lilienthal

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-22-2000).]

CorkScru

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2000, 10:54:00 PM »
Rip,

I was flying and actually logged on your RW ip for a bit to listen as well (showed as AcroJock).  As a newbie to AH, I thought you did an excellent job...as did my buddy, FunkedUp.  Thanks for making it alot easier on us new guys.

Corkscru

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2000, 11:06:00 PM »
Dipsh*t? That was beautiful lead turn I pulled on ya!  

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by weazel (edited 02-22-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2000, 08:44:00 AM »
Thanks Acro, I appreciate the compliment, my only previous experience was  the training officer for VF-101 Grim Reapers, with about 30 students over 5 year time, not much experience but it's easy to teach something that you love to do.

If you're online and want to jump into the TA or wing together with JG2, hollar at me, or any member for that matter, we're all about equal for AH experience.

Weazel, bring it on, baby! ;p

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Opfer mussen gebracht werden"
— Otto Lilienthal

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-23-2000).]

funked

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2000, 03:36:00 PM »
I've been having a blast in the TA.  Either helping people or dueling, or just having a free-for-all melee.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2000, 03:41:00 PM »
Yup, now if someone can just figure how to kill Jase in the spit consistantly.  

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2000, 04:17:00 PM »
Keiren - if you find out - let me know please.  He kicked my butt for a half hour in the training area. I think I got rounds in once during the whole session which ended something like Jase 12 Phantom 0.