Author Topic: The Blind Mans Tale (SHIII Movie)  (Read 410 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
The Blind Mans Tale (SHIII Movie)
« on: June 18, 2005, 09:51:01 PM »
http://u-boot.realsimulation.com/

Very cool SHIII Film mixed with Anime Series called Monster, 90 MB, but worth it.

Speaking of SHIII, how is everybody doing in thier career?

Im not really sure on my Tonnage 200+, but Ive just transferred to St Nazairre 7th Flotilla from Brest 1st Flotilla, Still sailing with U55 (Type VIIC), It is late March 1941.

Ive sailed to the Azores and took a peek in Girbralter Harbor, Zip. Nothing there. Plenty of Roving Warships, But no Ships at Anchor, Just buildings.

Last Patrol, I floated up to Bristol Harbor, Found No Ships at Anchor but plenty of Lone Merchants and Tankers. 56000 Tons Grossed.  

Current Patrol Number 20, Took a cruise up to Iceland, Reykjavik Harbor was empty, with no Roving Warships at all!, Dont be fooled on the location either, the harbor is on the other side of the peninsula of where it says on the map. After that waste of time, and nearly a week and a half of sailing, Ive turned my boat for the North Channel, Its really only the place Im putting ships under. This time Im going to sneak into Liverpool Harbor.

Wish me and my crew and luck!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 05:27:44 AM »
Nice movie indeed! ("breathtaking" isn't the word I'd use, but it's certainly well done!)

I haven't played SHIII for w ahile now, I found it to be a little repetitive over time, but I'm keeping it for the "offline days" I'll have soon. I'm still on 1.2 and am weary of getting the 1.3 after all the whines I read about the sonarman no longer working... did they fix that?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 09:45:09 AM »
Not Sure Saw, Not even sure what bug your talking about.

I did read a bug about the Radar for the Type IX, but since Im not using a Type IX until later, Im not worried about it.

A good cure for monotounous patrols, ie repetitive game play. Play less than 5 hours a week for starters, Complete your mission objective then head for an enemy port or harbor. I just finished Patrol 20, And while it wasnt the best patrol ever 29000 Tons, it certainly was exciting sneaking into Liverpool. Found two T2's at anchor, but could only put one under due to lack of eels.

Another good tip, dont attack outbound convoys, Youll only be frustrated. A fully loaded Tanker will go down with one eel. An Empty outbound tanker could take up to three to put her down.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!