Author Topic: 325th.  (Read 647 times)

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
325th.
« on: March 29, 2005, 10:04:52 AM »
Are there any skinners working on more 325th "Checkertail clan" skins for the P-51B/D, P47 and P40's? I am trying to give each of my pilots there own ride. Kev367th. I know you live near me, maybe we can strike up a deal or somthing for you to make some skins for me... I just am not talented enough to pull them off. Thanks.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
325th.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 11:25:04 AM »
I believe there are skins for those planes already done and in game.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
Re: 325th.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 11:39:41 AM »
Originally posted by Kegger26
Are there any skinners working on more 325th "Checkertail clan" skins for the P-51B/D, P47 and P40's?

I am aware of this..that is why I used the word MORE... lol.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
325th.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 06:33:12 PM »
It would be nice to see done.

"Big Stud"

"Miss Ridge"

Kegger, Trying to start up the 325th? :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 10:28:09 PM by o0Stream140o »

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
325th.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 07:42:13 PM »
There's already a 325th skin for the Pony D, 1 for the Pony B, 1 for the P-47 D11 and one for the P-40E.  Are you saying you want more skins for each of these 4? We are already limited to 15 skins per aircraft and making the same style paint schemes over and over takes away from many of the other schemes that could be painted.

There's already 2 D mustang skins that are virtually identical. If anything HTC could implement a system that gives you multiple base skins with the ability to change slight markings for each of those skins (Tail Code, Serial Number, Nose Art, ect...). That would allow us to do atleast 15 different base squadron schemes with almost unlimited variations.

I'd prefer this type of system due to the limitations we already have on the amount of skins that can be made per each aircraft. The skinners do amazing jobs on the skins they make but making virtually identical skins for the same aircraft takes away from other skins that could be made to give a wider variety.  It would also give us the ability to represent as many squadrons as possible in the process. Skins shouldn't just be made to fill a void.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
325th.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 07:48:17 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
There's already a 325th skin for the Pony D, 1 for the Pony B, 1 for the P-47 D11 and one for the P-40E.  Are you saying you want more skins for each of these 4? We are already limited to 15 skins per aircraft and making the same style paint schemes over and over takes away from many of the other schemes that could be painted.

There's already 2 D mustang skins that are virtually identical. If anything HTC could implement a system that gives you multiple base skins with the ability to change slight markings for each of those skins (Tail Code, Serial Number, Nose Art, ect...). That would allow us to do atleast 15 different base squadron schemes with almost unlimited variations.

I'd prefer this type of system due to the limitations we already have on the amount of skins that can be made per each aircraft. The skinners do amazing jobs on the skins they make but making virtually identical skins for the same aircraft takes away from other skins that could be made to give a wider variety.  It would also give us the ability to represent as many squadrons as possible in the process. Skins shouldn't just be made to fill a void.

I just said I would like to see them... I know they won't get made.  Those to Jugs are the most previlent aircraft in the 325th.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
325th.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 08:05:57 PM »
Stream it's not a matter that someone wouldn't do them. It's a matter of whether or not it's wise to do more for the same squadrons is all. Especially considering the amount of skins we are limited to.

The pilot and squadron for Big Stud is already represented in the form of a P-40E if I remember correctly. It'd be like me doing Gentiles D Mustang Shangri La even though we already have his B Mustang. It'd also be like doing another 336th aircraft flown by another pilot in either the B or D models. I worked in this squadron and even with my personal connection to this squadron I just don't think it does the rest of the WWII squadrons flying these airframes any justice.

It's my personal opinion that we are making these skins to represent the fighter squadrons and their personell. We aren't making them just because they are cool or because it makes the game look better. The people who fly under a squadron that was real during the war should understand this the most. You carry the name because you want to honor them. You fly their skin because you want to honor them. We shouldn't forget about every other squadron out there that deserves this same thing.

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
325th.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 10:06:07 PM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o

Kegger, Trying to start up the 325th? :D [/B]

Well I did have a 325th in the MA, and then I saw you also had one, and you were rooks. So I changed the name of our squad to the 361st. Yellowjackets

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
325th.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 10:24:01 PM »
It's cool Kegger...:aok

Cobra, I am not disagreeing with you.  There are a lot of squadrons that should be represented. Maybe in the future all of them will.  Just think if those as a wish list.

The 325th Pony B, #35, the orginal airman who flew that plane was very greatfull when he saw that... Arthur Feidler
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 10:26:06 PM by o0Stream140o »

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
325th.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 11:22:33 PM »
Stream thats the part that we should be proud of.  That we can reach out and touch some of these pilots who are still with us. Not only that but to keep history alive and show that we are grateful to all of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and to those who had to live through it all.

Hence why my opinion is to spread it out and touch as many areas as we can. Make sure that we aren't over doing one squadron and in the process leaving out others. Granted we won't be able to do every last one but we can make a worthwhile effort to spread the wealth.

If it were my choice we would cycle different skins into the MA based on the theatres they operated in on a bi weekly or monthly basis. With this we could concentrate on particular FGs and BGs making them a set. There's enough historians flying that I'm sure we could do this.

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
325th.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 12:03:47 AM »
Actually Cobra I have had some emails back and forth with Herschel "Herky" Green.  325th Commander at one time.   He was the 325th leading ace... and did it in the Jug... 18 confirmed kills.

He flew "Miss Ridge"

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
325th.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 08:22:11 AM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
It's cool Kegger...:aok

Cobra, I am not disagreeing with you.  There are a lot of squadrons that should be represented. Maybe in the future all of them will.  Just think if those as a wish list.

The 325th Pony B, #35, the orginal airman who flew that plane was very greatfull when he saw that... Arthur Feidler

Yeah that was my old ride in the 325th. I was one of the only pilots in my squad that would fly the Pony B. The Fiedler story is a great one. He once pulled out his .45 service revolver out on a 109 he pulled along side after his guns jammed. The 109 pilot bailed shortly there after. From that point on Fiedler was known as The Sevngali.