Author Topic: Getting credit for a kill  (Read 289 times)

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
Getting credit for a kill
« on: April 06, 2005, 09:12:34 PM »
Well this happened today and yesterday.  Shot the wings off these guys but they were low enough to survive the impact on the ground.  They exited the planes and I got nothing, not even an assist.  Both aircraft were maybe 3K away from their base.  I don't remember this happening in the past which is why I raised the issue.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline Slurpee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 03:24:29 AM »
ive had this happen afew times, really sucks.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 12:40:20 PM »
He was close enough to a friendly base to get a ditch instead of captured.  Simple as that.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 12:06:28 AM »
I remember in AH1 where if you touched the ground at any angle at all in a fighter you were pnwd :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 08:40:37 AM »
Ya, i was surprised.  I got nailed my a 40mm carrier gun and got a pilot wound.  I made it back to my field and blacked out just as my plane was tumbling all over the field, then I got a "you have crashed" message.  I was surprised the gunner didnt get the kill.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 03:04:37 PM »
The truth of it is, it is far easier now to ditch at speeds in excess of 150 kts and survive. It is now common knowledge that you can do this. I don't have a problem with someone being able to crash land on a friendly field on the runway, this is legit. But, to be able to hit a surface at 150 kias in water or along a stretch of space other than a friendly field shouyld count as a downed a/c for the victor; this has changed in AH, and IMO it is wrong. But, like most things, any glitch or bug will be exploited by many. I shot down a buff yesterday and severely damaged 2 others in the triad, I left and made my way back to my base, and got no joy; last I saw the guy he was landing in the water.