Author Topic: Assists/Perks  (Read 553 times)

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
Assists/Perks
« on: April 15, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »
I appologize if this subject has been discussed in the past, but:

Is there any way we can possibly get at least some minimal perks for an assist kill?  Hate wasting a long chase and emptying my guns to have someone come along and "corps shoot" and I get nothing.

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
Assists/Perks
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:55:34 AM »
I try to check for corpse shooters when there arn't other enemys around. It's damn fun to cut in and get the killshooter when someone is looking to steal your kill. Damn fun.

-p.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Assists/Perks
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 12:30:19 PM »
Mabey someday....
Originally posted by hitech on 2/7/05
You can not award the kill at the time of damage. The outcome of the flight has still not been determined. The odds are he will crash and die,but that is not always the case.

But I have lost wings at times near ground and ended up with a ditch by luck.

What would be possible is that no more lethality points are tracked once certian componets fail. The plane could still be shot and more damage done, but no kill award tracking would be done, you still must stay living until the hit plane exits flight.

Been thinking about implementing this for a while, it just hasn't moved to the top of the list yet.

HiTech

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Assists/Perks
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 03:17:42 PM »
what Ohio43 is saying is you should get "some" points for a assist

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Assists/Perks
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 06:26:42 PM »
Re-read what HiTech said, John

The game hasnt determined if your pings are the kill or just damage.  At least not yet.

For now, if you have a guy you are pinging up, finish the job.  Not a biggie for aircraft but a much bigger task for GVs.  It seems to take a lot of people, and hits, to kill some of the tanks as of late.

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Assists/Perks
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 08:31:43 AM »
My experience is: assists *do* count - but only on the condition that you have at least 1 kill. I think that's ohio's point.

------
Originally posted by hitech on 2/7/05
You can not award the kill at the time of damage.
------
That's not the question. As soon as you get the "assist message" the damaged plane is down and out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 08:35:21 AM by Zwerg »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Assists/Perks
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 01:43:08 PM »
Ohio's specific example was  corpse shooting.  Eliminate the "corps shoot", and he gets the kill instead of assist under those conditions.  Problem solved in that scenerio.  Clear enough?

PointsVsEnemy are awarded for damaging an enemy plane regardless of who gets the kill.  Perks are not.

Offline Ohio43

• Copper Member
Assists/Perks
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 11:30:19 AM »
What Im really trying to say is..  I pinged a guy up really bad..his engine was on fire..he was going down, and someone chased it and hosed it up.  I got an assist.  Im not saying I should have gotten a kill credit..  still get an Assist, but with minimal perks for my efforts.  I can see this, though, leading to more people kill stealing.  Im willing to risk that as it seems many do it already.  What really Irked me was I called the NME dead on Range, and some guy (name left out) said, "no he isnt" and chased him down anways.
   Oh, and I dont really care too much about points..I am more interested in at least SOME perks for the assist
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:32:43 AM by Ohio43 »

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
Assists/Perks
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 02:57:13 PM »
Originally posted by Ohio43
What Im really trying to say is..  I pinged a guy up really bad..his engine was on fire..he was going down, and someone chased it and hosed it up.  I got an assist.  Im not saying I should have gotten a kill credit..  still get an Assist, but with minimal perks for my efforts.  I can see this, though, leading to more people kill stealing.  Im willing to risk that as it seems many do it already.  What really Irked me was I called the NME dead on Range, and some guy (name left out) said, "no he isnt" and chased him down anways.
   Oh, and I dont really care too much about points..I am more interested in at least SOME perks for the assist

I've killed many people while flying around in flaming wrecks. It is possible the guy was still out there trying to kill someone, in which case finishing the job was justified on the part of whomever stole your kill. If you dont want to get an assist take another pass and finish the job yourself.

-p.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
Assists/Perks
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 09:46:12 AM »
>>My experience is: assists *do* count - but only on the condition that you have at least 1 kill. I think that's ohio's point. <<

Hmmm how does this work? I have never been awarded points for assists, and since the new version has been out, getting kills is much more difficult. Whats more, I have never seen this in writing anywhere.