Author Topic: HELP plz: Need Pic of Bullet Hits  (Read 559 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
HELP plz: Need Pic of Bullet Hits
« on: April 07, 2005, 01:47:48 PM »
OK, you guys with unlimited picture resources out there... a lady in distress needs help! ;)

Im currently working on a 'Val' model (hope it gets finished for Coral Sea...). And for some odd reason that would take to long to explain the aileron on one wing got melted, kind of circular 'damage'. To cover that up i wanted to paint some damage around and on the melted plastic.

Now i need some preferably colored pics of what 'bullet damage' would look like, to get me an idea how to go about it....

Any help appreciated :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 01:57:16 PM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Need Pic of Bullet Hits
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 03:08:21 PM »
just ride in my plane, 90% of the time you'll see what you need :p
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Need Pic of Bullet Hits
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:25:56 PM »
The ailerons were fabric covered.  Cut out the damaged part, leaving a ragged edge, and superglue some strips of thin cloth (maybe fine silk or rayon, something with a very tight weave) in the hole, then shred it and paint the whole thing the same color as the wing.  Put a piece of very fine wire (I sometimes heat up sprue and stretch it) in the trailing edge of the control surface to simulate the frame.  Bending it a bit would add realism, too.

Be creative, blacken it a bit to look like a 20mm shell exploded on the surface.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Need Pic of Bullet Hits
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 07:12:27 PM »
We are talking about a plastic model right? Depending on the damage you could sand the area that got damaged. Then fill it in and then sand the area again. If it's over recessed panel lines you can rescribe the lines in once the filler is completely dry. Then paint it normally.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Need Pic of Bullet Hits
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 05:39:54 AM »
Cobra: No, sadly the damage is too extensive to simply patch it up.

rshubert: Thanks for the tip about the fabric covered ailerons. If i gather enough courage i might just do that...

Still would like some picture to get an idea what the end result should look like (and bat: HT graphics just dont cut it in this case... thanks for offering your lap though ;))

Pretty please?

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Need Pic of Bullet Hits
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 12:57:13 PM »

F-100 Drone, Chino Airport Museum, California

I know it is not bullet damage but maybe you need flack damage to cover it up.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Need Pic of Bullet Hits
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 07:02:30 AM »
Thanks a lot, this will help....