Author Topic: Thanks guys for the advice  (Read 557 times)

Offline Big G

• Copper Member
Thanks guys for the advice
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:46:15 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has posted replies to my numerous questions from selection of an aircraft to tactics etc.
 I have stuck with the Spit for now as I really want to learn ACM, even if it means I keep getting shot down, however, I am now lasting longer and longer in the air before dying and yesterday was (INMHO) a defining moment for me.
I was in the MK V and trying to remember what Fuzeman put me through in the TA on Monday RE: Barrell rolls, When from way above me  a 190 dived down and came screaming on my six, instead of doing my usual, (turning, twisting and then crashing lol) I actually let him get to 600, I then launched myself into my roll and guess what ? Yep! never got me and he flew up into the distance and then tried it again and again. Later on a typhoon done the same thing and still I managed to avoid getting hit. I will have to get better at rolls as the targets were about 800-1000 in front and above me when I finished rolling.
I couldn't help but wonder, "where's the fun in that?" Diving then climbing, diving then climbing?
So a HUGE thanks to everyone for helping me and for helping me realise that it's better to start of getting shot down, learning to think and learning SA than just diving and climbing.......
Big G
PS Still looking for a  vet who knows their way round a spit for some good hard ACM training !!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:33:42 AM »
Well, what else could a 190 do against a spit? :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »
when ya roll if you can get then to pass when your near the top side . there a good chance that you can get a shot off as they go by . .. i myself use a short split S alot also for this , along with a short dive .
remember most bnzer's are near compressed and they cant nose down for a gun solution.(if you see them roll over though you can get in trouble and have to compensate )

if you see me in the main give me a shout , i'll give ya a hand . i fly 11pm pac time and on the weekends mostly.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 11:56:17 AM »
flyin whats that :confused:

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 11:58:09 AM »
If you need help, I'd be glad to give ya some. Whenever you see me on just let me know. I'm also in the DA a lot, so you could also find me there. And WTG, sounds like you're catching on quick!:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 03:42:15 PM »
You just stick to your ostie Kilz ;)

Offline Speznaz

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.ticinoslot.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 05:20:49 PM »