Author Topic: Attack base Capture  (Read 591 times)

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
Attack base Capture
« on: May 25, 2005, 08:17:06 PM »
How do you capture a base in "Attack mode?"  I notice that the #1 attack squad in the game has 2 attack base captures.  What carries troops in attack mode?
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:43:51 PM »
Your question is somewhat unclear. Fighter aircraft can usually be flown n either "fighter" or "attack" mode...the difference, I believe, has to do with score pts.

Capturing a base is done by destroying all buildings in the town, excepting the one "indestructible" bldg. which each town has one of. Troops must then be brought to the destroyed town, either by a C-47 aircraft or an M3 troop carrier. Neither of these vehicles is designated as an "attack" craft, at leasr not to my knowledge.

Does that answer your question?

DmdMax

Offline Kubwak

• Copper Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 12:34:18 AM »
the answer is simple snakeplissken, we cheat!:D

we pool our perks and fly our drunks in one of these:aok

« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 05:34:51 AM by Kubwak »

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 07:38:46 AM »
ROFLMAO kubby

I wished we did have that one in AH.

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 07:55:08 AM »
I believe he is referring to the base captures themselves. They have 11 in bomber, 11 in vehicle and 2 in attack, I don't know how to get a capture in attack rank...would like to know though  :)    Thanks to anyone who can tell me.

DaPup

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
Score shows Attack Base capture
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 10:01:52 AM »
Scores show base captures in Bomber (C47) and vehicle (M3 or LVT).  But, there is also a scoring slot for base captures in attack mode.  JGIII has some captures in bomber, some in vehicles and 2 in attack.  How did you do that?
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 01:27:14 PM »
you drop troops... and while they are running go to the tower.

then up a plane sortied as attack before the troops take the map room

you will get the message "map room destroyed" and get the "capture" under your attack scores.

it is a score potato thing to do to artifically inflate your rank and your squad's rank
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 06:55:18 PM »
Originally posted by JB73

you will get the message "map room destroyed" and get the "capture" under your attack scores.

it is a score potato thing to do to artifically inflate your rank and your squad's rank

actually, I have never known it to help individual rank.  helps out the squad score tho'
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 09:29:19 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 08:33:36 PM »
Well I guess it's true that you learn something new every day. Thanks for the info, I thought I knew all the little quirks....but as usual I'm wrong again :mad:

DaPup

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
Attack base Capture
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 09:48:37 PM »
Originally posted by JB73

seems to me that  it is a bug that needs fixing
:D

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 10:10:03 PM »
Ok ok ok... Now that Kubby blew the lid off the whole deal and exposed the marketing slickers to the mass AH community, I may as well come out with a true representation of this masterpiece of squad score padding.  This drawing is one of the last remaining interpretations drafted before we went into blueprinting this amazing bird.  Although I deeply appologise for not disclosing "actual" technical drawings of our plane (under serious threats of Double-Top-Secret Probation and Expulsion from the "WidowMaker Pleasure Barn "), I hope this slide of the final production model will suffice.

WM47 "Scoundrel" Mk CCCLXIX (Nwbie crashed the first 368 designs beyond repair due to numerous "design flaws" that we like to call "piloting skills")

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 10:14:48 PM »
Originally posted by jon

hmmm.... look at the score page.  There is field caputres under the attack catagory.  You know another way to do it?  SEEMS like HT has it planned.

Here's another thing you can do.  Take an lvt/m3 and drop troops.  Tower out while troops are running, and up a bomber.  The capture then scores in your bomber ranks.  Same thing if you fly a c47, drop troops, and crash/ditch quick and up in a GV.  Will score as a GV field capture.  

NOT sure what happens to it if you are in a field gun...

HT obviously has this implemented in the game, and it was planned.  Those are YOUR troops that took the field.  Even if you are in the tower you will get the MAP ROOM DESTROYED msg.  YOUR troops took the field, so even if you die you should get credit.  

Same with torpedo's.  You can be in a pt boat (or buff), and drop torps and die.  2min later you will get a SHIP DESTROYED msg if them torps make it.  Your torps killed the ship, you should get credit.  

When in a fighter, if you say blow a guys wing off at 12k and he's flopping down, and you die for some reason before he hits the ground, or .ef's it.  If no other friendly planes/gv's are in the area, you will still get the kill credit, even if you are already dead.  I've been in the tower, and freshly taking off when I get the kill msg for the guy I was just fighting, or had killed earlier, it just took 'em 3min to slowly spiral to the deck in death.

No bug.  It's planned this way.

(EDIT  Durn it scrap, now everybody is gonna want an Eleventy-Billion MM vulcan cannon on their goons like us cool guys.  I'll email WMOhio and see if you still got WidowMaker Pleasure Barn (tm) priv's.  I think at the least you gonna have to hose down the all latex room we added for the visiting JB's, and you know messy and smelly THAT place gets.  Uncouth sot's.  Sauerkraut all over the place....)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 10:24:41 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 08:46:16 AM »
Originally posted by jon
it has been around since before AH 1.08 at least.. thats when i started, and it was like that then.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Attack base Capture
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 02:17:43 PM »
just wanted to metion that the reason the WM's always tops, or near tops in attack rank (heck, in over all rank as well) is because we almost always bring eggs to the  fight.  

Learned a looong time ago better to have one and pickle it, than need one and not have it loaded.

just sayin....
— George Patton