Author Topic: just a gosht  (Read 1422 times)

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
yup the  "jumpers" cause some of it   ....  and the high numbers in one country today, are not the same tomorrow, It goes around to every country at some time. Rooks dont always have the huge numbers , neither do the bish or knits.  

I'm not thinking this is so much a whine thread,  more of a statement thread,  that I, and looks like some others just dont like those three choices.  For sure the log off is not what I subscribe to a paying game for,  I dont want to switch countries whether it winning or losing for bunches of reasons, one being  my squad members are not gunna like killing me or worst me killing them.  If I wanted to be stuck flying limited plane selection I'd go to the CT arena.

One more thing, I guess if i can deal with the Eny factor and either log , fly different plane or switch countries.  Well then, It seems to me, It'd be just as easy for the people to deal with, Not having any restrictions, and me not having to log fly diff plane or switch.  

If that means I have to fight la7's or spits all night when the country im in is out numbered and losing our butts, well so be it!  I'll deal with that much easier then the other 3 choices!   I can give it , it can take it ........red rover, red rover send your la7 over!  Out numbered or not!!

Offline FDutchmn

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 11:56:55 PM »
somehow me mind starts thinkin'... perhaps its time to set another goal other from resetting the map or "winning the war"  or at least another criteria for it and not obliterating one side to the stone age by taking their bases away.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2005, 05:49:03 AM »

If that means I have to fight la7's or spits all night when the country im in is out numbered and losing our butts, well so be it!  I'll deal with that much easier then the other 3 choices!   I can give it , it can take it ........red rover, red rover send your la7 over!  Out numbered or not!!

Real easy to say when your not in the country that is usually outnumbered.
Try swapping for a day see how much 'fun' it is now compared to pre ENY.
In fact it's still not great, but it's a huge step forward from the pre ENY situation.

An example - Few nights ago as has been stated, Rooks + Bish still equalled less than the Knits. You really think either country wouldn't have been steamrolled if the ENY wasn't in place?
Try looking at things from the outnumbered countries 'fun' aspect, not too easy if your usually in the majority.

Tactic - Whats so hard when you log on for a squaddie to say 'OK were flying for this country tonight'? No need for squaddies to be shooting each other down, communication.

SCDR - For a while now Knits have had the largest number of players on a consistent basis. Bish and Rooks seem to have the numbers advantage very rarely, and if they do it's very rare it is large enough for the ENY to kick in.

If anything I just think the level at which it starts should probably go back to the original settings, i.e. earlier but on a less severe curve.

Can anyone honestly say they only get enjoyment/fun from flying one plane only in the whole available planeset? Granted majority of the time I'm in a Tiffy, but you will also see me in P51s, Hurri 2C, IL2, Spits, F6F etc depending on the situation.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 06:29:02 AM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
ENY
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2005, 08:00:21 AM »
I think the whole ENY thing is funny, in a sad sort of way.

It was REAL cool when the Knits constantly whined about the Rooks having numbers. Now, the Knits have numbers most often, and they whine about ENY, and that is even better.

I always new that Rook numerical superiority was a fleeting thing, numerical superiority in games like this is always in a state of transition. Sometimes change takes a little longer, that's all.

ENY still has its problems. When two countries have equal numbers, and the third is at a decided numerical disadvantage, the ENY system ASSumes that the two bigger countries are ganging up on the smaller country. NOT!! Oh well, that's okay too.
I don't care. But I sure like listening to losers whine about HTC playing favorites and using ENY to pick on THEM.:rofl

By the way, with regards to switching countries, the 327th has ALWAYS been a ONE COUNTRY squad, since LONG before AH. Although some members occaisionally have a shades account and swap sides, we ain't messin with tradition. It is not "loyalty to a chess piece" :rolleyes: , we were doing it that way LONg before there WERE chess pieces in flight sims. We figure we can fly whether we have numerical supriority or not, we take the good with the bad and keep right on flying. We can take a loss just as well as we can take a win. That's the way it has always been.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2005, 08:02:02 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
SCDR - For a while now Knits have had the largest number of players on a consistent basis. Bish and Rooks seem to have the numbers advantage very rarely, and if they do it's very rare it is large enough for the ENY to kick in.

Yep Kev your right. When the squad was Bish I only saw ENY go maybe as high as 10, if that.

SCDR

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2005, 09:42:52 AM »
I was perfectly happy when they first tried to address things by lowering the Lala's ENY(?) to the same level as a 262 (5).  I was flying Knight during the time when the Rooks were in total numerical superiority.  It was really nice landing 30-50 perk sorties with regularity simply because everyone on the huge country had to fly a lala and I was in a G2 or something like it.

Seems like a good trade off to me.  The bigger country can fly whatever they like and the smaller country can fill the skies with cheap Tempests and 262's, and afford to lose them in vast #s.

I don't really mind the system as it is though.  I just think it was silly how a bunch of people used to complain about fighting hordes of lalas.  I say a horde of Spit I's is just as aggravating.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2005, 10:45:03 AM »
Can anyone honestly say they only get enjoyment/fun from flying one plane only in the whole available planeset?

In my case enjoyment means staying airborne the longest and with some measure of luck actually get a kill. The KI-84 seems to do that for me. I'd love nothing more than to be able to be a master of the P51, it flies and handles just the way I like, but I get cut to ribbons in it and any other plane within a minute of con.  The KI is the only plane that I can stay alive in for a couple of minutes.
I'm with Tactic, the ENY only hampers my fun/enjoyment.
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
ENY not being done right
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2005, 12:34:34 PM »
Basically it comes down to this-

Flying when grosely outnumbered isn't fun .  

All ENY restrictions does if you don't want to change country is level the playing field.  You can't have your cake and it eat it.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2005, 01:11:20 PM »
Originally posted by thrila
Basically it comes down to this-

Flying when grosely outnumbered isn't fun .  

All ENY restrictions does if you don't want to change country is level the playing field.  You can't have your cake and it eat it.

Flying when grossly outnumbered is a hoot! As long as you have a few friends along with you.  Being along againt the hoard gets a bit boring.

There is nothing more boring than being at a completely flattened field with a bunch of friendlies hearing, "Is there a goon on the way", "Anyone bringing a goon?", "Where is the goon?", "I thought you were bringing the goon?", "Well, i though you were bringing the goon?", "There's no troops at near by bases!" :rolleyes:

ENY almost never affects me so I give it very little thought.

I just land, ditch, bail and go find a fight somewhere else.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2005, 01:49:26 PM »
Very true there Kev, that could happen.   The squad I'm part of has toured all three countries, we rotate here and there.  Been on all three sides of the fence,  I've even been in all three countries on my own too,  I've played bish , rooks , and knights all three, for months at a time in each country.  

Funny thing is, all three countries, are all the same as far as players,  meaning they all have there motivaters, whiners, b&z'rz, runners, good guys, bad guys, turn fighters, etc....   There's no country i dont like, there is cool people in all of them! .  

To me this is not a country issue,  Its a player issue,  why you ask,  because I'm willing to deal with no restrictions no matter what position the country is in that I'm flying for.  Whether its Good -Bad -indifferent  thats all.  

The politics in AH can get quite heavy at times,  we all, in some ways are pushing for the same things with different Remedies.  

I'll admit it, I'd like to be able to fly as good as several people on aceshigh,  there is guys in here that can fly most anything and do damn good in it.  

I'm no where near as good as one of these pilots, names of just a few killas! ,  Racrx, Ezee, spazzter, jb42 , shane, murdr, kev367th and the list goes on and on.   These guys are just a few of the pilots that can fly lots of different planes and be quite deadly.    I DO NOT WANT TO SEE any of the people listed above on my six in any type plane , not even a Paper plane,  no matter what  I'm in a la7 , spit, niki what ever.   I've been killed by the best players in AH and killed by the worst player in Aceshigh <---- yes I killed myself!  :p    

I need every little bit of help i can get, I fly really bad in the easist dweeb newbie planes, so with restrictions its just goes down hill for me.    

And yes Kev my friend,  out all the plane set unfortunately the only planes i can fly and like to fly are a couple of the low eny planes.  I have more important things that I apply my time to in RL plus  I'm just too busy learning other things in life at this time,  to add in learning how to fly other planes in a game that I play for fun.   More power to those of you that have the time and patience to learn this game and all the planes.  

Just gimme my dweeb plane to putt around in, sight see, look for property to buy, bomb bases, scrafe just have fun.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2005, 03:51:42 PM »
Originally posted by tactic
Very true there Kev, that could happen.   The squad I'm part of has toured all three countries, we rotate here and there.  Been on all three sides of the fence,  I've even been in all three countries on my own too,  I've played bish , rooks , and knights all three, for months at a time in each country.  

Funny thing is, all three countries, are all the same as far as players,  meaning they all have there motivaters, whiners, b&z'rz, runners, good guys, bad guys, turn fighters, etc....   There's no country i dont like, there is cool people in all of them! .  

To me this is not a country issue,  Its a player issue,  why you ask,  because I'm willing to deal with no restrictions no matter what position the country is in that I'm flying for.  Whether its Good -Bad -indifferent  thats all.  

The politics in AH can get quite heavy at times,  we all, in some ways are pushing for the same things with different Remedies.  

I'll admit it, I'd like to be able to fly as good as several people on aceshigh,  there is guys in here that can fly most anything and do damn good in it.  

I'm no where near as good as one of these pilots, names of just a few killas! ,  Racrx, Ezee, spazzter, jb42 , shane, murdr, kev367th and the list goes on and on.   These guys are just a few of the pilots that can fly lots of different planes and be quite deadly.    I DO NOT WANT TO SEE any of the people listed above on my six in any type plane , not even a Paper plane,  no matter what  I'm in a la7 , spit, niki what ever.   I've been killed by the best players in AH and killed by the worst player in Aceshigh <---- yes I killed myself!  :p    

I need every little bit of help i can get, I fly really bad in the easist dweeb newbie planes, so with restrictions its just goes down hill for me.    

And yes Kev my friend,  out all the plane set unfortunately the only planes i can fly and like to fly are a couple of the low eny planes.  I have more important things that I apply my time to in RL plus  I'm just too busy learning other things in life at this time,  to add in learning how to fly other planes in a game that I play for fun.   More power to those of you that have the time and patience to learn this game and all the planes.  

Just gimme my dweeb plane to putt around in, sight see, look for property to buy, bomb bases, scrafe just have fun.

As honest and sincere as this post is ... I still have no sympathy for your plight.

The "list" of names on that list, are not on it because the were magically endowed with abilities ... they worked for it ... they earned it. They have flown all the planes and put the time and effort in to achieve what they know.

ENY is a game mechanisim that is here to stay. Learn to live with it ... learn to rise above it ... or get exasperated.

You say you have little time to spend to learn the different planes ... take no offense here ... BOLLOCKS !!!

Instead of always jumping in the lower ENY planes, make it a point to take the higher one ... win or lose ... die or kill ... eventually you will overcome. Find someone who CAN fly a higher ENY plane and ask them for help/tips/pointers/training. When I chose to take on the P-38 ... I latched onto Silat - CPorky - Morpheus - KillnU. Asked many questions, flew many sorties with them and at this point I would not say I am an expert in the P-38, but I can surely hold my own it. This is what you have to do.

You want to disable the ENY limiter because you don't have the time to get better in higher ENY planes ... but you would prefer those who are greatly outnumbered be completely smashed by the horde flying the lower ENY planes.

Take my word for it ... it is far less fun to endure that type of smashing country-wide, than you having to suffer the pains of flying higher ENY planes or logging.

Your reason are self-serving and don't need to be.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2005, 02:24:39 PM »
Unfortuneately the almighty quest for a high -
K/S, K/D, and rank is the main culprit for the over abundance of 'dweeb' planes.
Until people realise it means diddly squat, things aint gonna change, and people wont fly (and get used to) the less uber planes because its nigh on impossible to run away in them.

Therefore when they get ENY'ed they are at a loss what to do.

A good example - next time a base is under heavy attack instead of upping the usual LA7, Nik etc, try a Hurri 2C, you'll be surprised. In a lot of cases you'll last a lot longer because of its turning ability, and it has those nasty 4x20mm hizookas.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 02:28:41 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2005, 03:59:59 PM »

A good example - next time a base is under heavy attack instead of upping the usual LA7, Nik etc, try a Hurri 2C, you'll be surprised. In a lot of cases you'll last a lot longer because of its turning ability, and it has those nasty 4x20mm hizookas.

Dude, Hurri 2c is an UberNastyLittle... well, I can't say that here... that is one plane you have to be careful around.

Nik is not a runners plane. You are not running from to many in that ride. Just don't try to go vertical in your LaLa 'cause I'll catch you. :aok

To me, I really don't care what they fly. If I get killed (I do that alot) 99% of the time its because I made a mistake to give them the shot. Do some pilots force that mistake with their skills? They sure do but they are ussually not in a Uber Ride.

It's not broke, don't fix it, 2 threads in 2 forums on this subject, let it go...

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
ENY not being done right
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2005, 04:14:57 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
I'm sure you know why its implemented kilz, but for those who don't, its meant to encourage folks to switch sides to even out the teams.  Now I don't agree with GVs being counted as part of this deal because there just aren't enough of them to limit.  However, I don't have a problem with the fact a tiger couldn't be launched.  You should still be able to take out panzers and t34s, but a tiger is a perk ride and I think the limiting of such powerful hardware is the whole idea of this venture.  

I don't have any problem with the planes being limited either, but everyone should be able to take up an osti, m16, panzer, or m16.  Otherwise, your defense against a gv attack is far limited.

I understand your frustration though.

I prefer to think the issue isn't to force side jumping, rather to disadvantage superior numbers by limiting low ENY aircraft (gvs too) that are theoretically better (hence, the low ENY).
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)