Author Topic: Just for yucks, arena K/D so far.  (Read 793 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Just for yucks, arena K/D so far.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 05:26:08 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
We're too busy fooling with the flight models.

- oldman

:)

eskimo

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 05:41:36 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
The Ki84 pwns everything in this set, it just needs more ammo.

AHH Grits say it 's not so............... Your really not using that MTV Generation Lingo with words like PWNS are ya?? Not you man AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 06:05:55 PM »
Heh, well I'm old enough that I should not be using it, but young enough that I am a product of the MTV generation. MTV started way back in August of '81 you know, and in Aug '81 I was....um...lets just say I was a teenager but I wasnt driving yet. :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 07:00:09 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
The Ki84 pwns everything in this set, it just needs more ammo.

Grits, I think you're close, but not totally accurate.

I think the Ki84 equalizes the late war US planes. It doesn't pwn them, just gives you an even playing field (in different areas than the US rides).

Whereas the KI has zoom and climb down, US rides clearly have firepower, some can zoom just as good (p38L, and don't get me started on F4u4), some climb fairly good too, but they all have better top speeds than the Ki84, and ALL of them, without fail, can out dive it. Yes, Ki84 can follow a dive and retains E well but it'll slow down while the US ride pulls ahead, almost every time.

So some US rides can match it for manuverability (speed depending) climb and zoom (plane depending). It has in general superior turn and climb and range. US rides have superior firepower, ceilings, alt performance, speed, dive, and survivability.

I think it's even, all things considered.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 09:03:22 PM »
I'd have to say that either I was fighting mostly inexperienced American flyers or that the Ki-84 has given the Japanese the tool they so desparately needed for late war setups.  It seems to balance the American fighters nicely and is far superior for air-to-air to the N1K2-J.

Karnak has 7 kills and has been killed 1 time in the Ki-84-Ia.

One was a PT Boat and doesn't count and I flew one sorti on Wednesday that resulted in my pancaking immediately after the F4U I was on did the same, though he'd been shot by somebody else so I did not get a proximity kill.  Not too bad for somebody who hasn't flown in more than a month, and then only very lightly since November.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-