Author Topic: Rate my progress  (Read 766 times)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2005, 12:15:04 AM »
I'd like to retrack my statement. FX1 was smacking me around today in DA. I've upgraded him to HaXX0r:) Was fun FX bud.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2005, 12:45:52 AM »
Do what makes you happy! Whatever that may be. People might call you a dweeb but it doesn’t matter. It’s a game. If stats make you happy, so be it. If you want a real measure of how "good" you are first you must figure out what you want to be good at. And then fight people who you know are good in the area you are trying to improve in. It’s something I did in Air Warrior a lot, and later on when I got decent I was always glad to help someone out when they needed it. I could definitely use some "training" in AH but I really don't have the time these days, and I would rather just have fun in the arena instead of working on my skill like I did in AW. Bottom line… do what is important to you, but in MY opinion, stats are not really a reliable indication of what Skills you possess.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2005, 01:03:38 AM »
I no longer give two chit's what other's think of me in the MA.  I've kilt the best and been shot down by the same.  I enjoy busting balls on 200, and shootin down enemies.  I now enjoy "walking into many cons" and fighting my way out.  

What other's think is a useless point to even try to reach.   Just have fun.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 02:01:48 AM »
Thanks guys this has really helped me out. just had that feeling like i hit a brick wall and i wasnt learning anything new. I never had someone to teach me i like to learn by death (: I was hoping to get a better feel for were i stand. I have been around some great guys and i respect other players that show that they can have fun at this game. I think i take stuff to personal and would like to make progress learning new tricks.. Thanks guys

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
Rate my progress
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2005, 02:02:04 AM »
Use ur mouth more and shout ur the best here.

Than let somebody invite u in the dreamteam.

:aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005, 02:50:36 AM »
FX1, if you want to get better as a fighter pilot, then fight the best and listen.  I am just not looking at the cores anymore myself.  It hampers one from taking the chances.  If you work hard enough at the scores, then you'll be very good at manipulating the scores.  Problem is there are many out there who are dmn good sticks and stats will not tell you that.  DA time with helpful and good sticks is the best way to go as far as learning the "tricks".   I would follow furball's advice.  Oh, and learning how to dodge bullets is very helpful too!  :)

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2005, 03:04:30 AM »
FX1

The only way you can know if you are good or not is to constantly expose your self to uncomfortable situations. Learn what situations you can and cant handle. Once you have learned that learn to handle situations you cant handle.

Can you win a 1v2 or 1v3. Can you win em in any plane? Can you win situaitons where you are in a E disadvantage?

Stagnation comes to never exposing one self to a risk.

Always feeling safe and knowing one can get away with a effort leads to booredom if you are of competetive nature.

Tex

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2005, 03:30:51 AM »
when you can take a 110 and dive it into a mass of spittards and come out with 5 kills in the ensuing furball, then you are good. Oh yeah keeping a 7-1 kill ratio as a furballer also means you are good.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
Rate my progress
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2005, 03:38:26 AM »
Like everyone says, having fun is most important.  I am by no means an excellent stick, would consider myself average.  I am willing to go in where it is hot, knowing death is likely to hit a strat.  Some call it suicide, they are probably right, I call it getting an objective done to better the common good.  You dont really die anyway afterall and it is a game.  

I want to fly to live but realize in the MA there is more fun to be had getting in the thick of stuff and in doing so I usually will die.  Hopefully this happens after getting a few myself.   I fly to live in Squad Ops.  That is a different kind of game.  I havent tried the Combat Theatre much but would think I would fly to live there.  Bottom line, score does not mean anything to me.  

Muttman
Sick Pups