Author Topic: lil quickie  (Read 361 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
lil quickie
« on: June 13, 2005, 06:43:47 AM »
i think that in the same way we pick field guns in ah, we should be able to pick which hangar we roll from. maybe a small button next to convergence, with a small map of the field, and u click on the hangar u want to roll from. it would really help the whole vulching situation:aok

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
lil quickie
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 05:11:58 AM »
how come this got to the bottom so fast? :lol

how about it tho, a little thing in hangar to select the hangar u roll from?

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
lil quickie
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 06:22:04 AM »
Did you ever think about what this idea would mean for the terrain builders?

The system we have now is generic enough that anyone can manage to build it. HTC just has to check for bugs and that it all works.  Can you imagine how long it would take to test a new terrain if someone had to check every hanger spawn for every field on every map? Also its bad enough already trying to upgrade maps every time there is a new release. This idea would just make that process 10X as long & complicated.

It was an ok idea, but think it through, look at the long range consquences. See what else it would impact.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
lil quickie
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »
i didnt really think about it like that. i mean, the spawns are checked like that all the time, what do you think happens when one hangar is destroyed??? if the normal spawn is killed, the spawn moves to the next one. im just suggesting a little thing to select the spawn

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
lil quickie
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 07:25:49 AM »
Not hard just put spawn points in diff hangers will take much longer. LOL