Author Topic: Manable Searchlights  (Read 293 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Manable Searchlights
« on: July 18, 2005, 07:56:50 PM »
Not a "bring back the night" thread..But..

If night ever does make it's way back(TOD,scenarios etc)..Why not have manable searchlights?..If you manage to keep a buff formation in the search beam for say 5 seconds...it starts recieving puffy ack...If the ack splats a buff,u get credit for the kill.

Make the spotlights destroyable too.

It would look way cool too!(especially with the new night effects we have seen in the CT)

What you guys think?

**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
Manable Searchlights
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:42:11 PM »
sounds great. except you would have to completely revamp the entire game engine. this is because ambient lighting is extremely difficult to do.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Manable Searchlights
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 09:52:01 PM »
We already have one....it's called the Sun. :D

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Manable Searchlights
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 02:12:14 AM »
Originally posted by SMIDSY
sounds great. except you would have to completely revamp the entire game engine. this is because ambient lighting is extremely difficult to do.

That's been done once already, HT called the project AH2.  And I seem to recall talk about searchlights before now, HT doing the talking.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Manable Searchlights
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 06:53:19 AM »
If you're going to go so far as to put search lights in the game, then add landing, nav, and panel lights to the planes that had them.

Then ground the planes that didn't at night.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.