Author Topic: Interesting adoption request  (Read 273 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
Interesting adoption request
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:19:11 PM »
Russian court rejects U.S. Mormon couple's adoption request

RIA NOVOSTI. September 14, 2005, 8:36 PM

VORONEZH, September 14 (RIA Novosti) - A district court in the central Russian city of Voronezh refused to grant an international child adoption request from an American couple affiliated with the Mormon Church, a court spokesperson said Wednesday.
The Voronezh court ruled against giving U.S. citizens Carl and Martha Chapman custody rights over four orphaned Russian girls - two young siblings, an 11-year-old, and a 17-year-old - after finding out they already have nine biological children to care for, plus eight kids adopted in 2002-2004.

In reaching its decision, the court also took into account the unwillingness of the girls, Orthodox Christians by faith, to be raised in an American family belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and the refusal of orphanage administrators to give consent to the adoption.

The court said the ruling was also due to the American couple's failure to produce all the papers required for overseas adoption, including a U.S. government agency's assessment as to whether they would be capable of providing adequate care for four more children, and a U.S. Embassy permit allowing the adoptees to enter the country.

------------------

9 kids by their own doing + another 8 they adopted, and they want 4 more?...

wtf...

Most guys I know have enough trouble with 1 or 2.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Interesting adoption request
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:21:43 PM »
Originally posted by Wolfala

Most guys I know have enough trouble with 1 or 2.

I'm betting most guys you know are normal.

We're talking MORMONS. Gawdamn cult as far as I care.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a godless heathen... er.. scratch that... I think I prefer the term "secular humanist". ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:24:09 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 11:23:50 PM »
the chapman's have a sketchers factory contract with wal-mart.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:26:31 PM »
Easier to grow 'em than convert 'em.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 11:31:14 PM »
or rent 'em.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 12:26:01 AM »
My Mormon friend has 2, the second one being a happy accident.  He's getting his junk fixed up so that NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN! (to paraphrase what he said)

On the other hand, he has 8 brothers & sisters, one of which is on her way to having 6 kids herself. :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 12:50:59 AM »
Maybe they should spell it MOREmons.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 11:40:23 AM »
What am I saying...

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only truly American religion. The rest are imports.

:D
sand