Author Topic: First VC awarded in 20 years  (Read 444 times)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
First VC awarded in 20 years
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
It's stupidity not to shoot those threatening you.

..and the next day it'd be all over the news: "The coalition forces opened fire at a crowd of civilians, killing tens and injuring hundreds"

After a week there'd be news of tortured and killed soldiers in huge riots.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 06:50:36 PM »
This wasn't just a normal, boo ****in hoo riot.  Though if you had actually read the story you would know that.

All these people were there with militant intent.  You realize this when you give warning shots and they don't scatter.

Kind of like the movie Rush Hour.  Chris Tucker yells bomb and only the bad guys are left behind.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 08:18:31 PM »
Makes me wonder why don't we just shoot the irish rioters...  hell, anti-globalism rioters could be shot just as well.

Besides, whatever you think those people are, who are throwing rocks and some even throwing molotovs at them, it is a fact that if the soldiers had fired into the crowd, it would have caused serious riots all around Iraq and the muslim world - call them all militants if you wish.

Even israelis, at their most fascistic times, have tried to avoid crowds and shooting into the crowds - on a long run it'd be just same as stabbing yourself in the stomach. They would've had at least ten times more suicide bombers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 08:22:19 PM by Fishu »

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 10:17:31 PM »
I never said just take out the crowd.  You should go after those who are immediately threatening you.

People will see that others are getting shot for throwing rocks and cocktails.  The self preservation instinct kicks in.

And people who have reliable information would figure out what happened.  I know what happened.  I know what actually caused this whole fiasco.

Do you?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 11:46:28 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
People will see that others are getting shot for throwing rocks and cocktails.  The self preservation instinct kicks in.

You don't shoot people throwing rocks at you...  they ALL are throwing rocks at you.
Israelis have received a mountain of rocks from the palestinians, including kids.. do you shoot them, too?

...and how are you going to pick out of the crowd the guy throwing a molotov?
Surely not without taking out half dozen others.