Author Topic: Now THIS is what I call Nannying...  (Read 585 times)

Offline superpug1

• Probation
  • Silver Member
Now THIS is what I call Nannying...
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 08:54:48 PM »
haha, my highschool is sposed to let early release kids off only, they r the ones with awsum GPAs or few clases or work. however we onyl have one security guard, and a small steel fence on 3 sides of the square parking lot and ditch on the other. when i want to leave i put it into 4 low and leave lol. i got out once in a rain storm. gotta love ex military 4 wheel drive.:aok

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 09:00:50 PM »
How times have changed.  Not only does EVERYONE have open campus priviledges at my school, but some teachers actually excuse tardies because the kid went off campus.  The allure of picking up a 2 liter at Albertson's or walking up to 7-11 or going to Burger Kind or Taco bell is just too much for some.

Oh and we can leave any time we have a free period, if you can mamange to get "200 yards" from the school, smoke a cigarette, and make it back in 7 minutes, do it.

(7 minutes is our passing time and 200 yards is the distance you are "supposed" to be from the school when you use any tobacco product)
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 10:28:10 PM »
What "times" are you two from?

Not throwing any stone, just curious as to what "time" you think I am from. I think the prison mentality of my HS was more a factor of it's location than the times. It was about 3 miles from the Galleria in Houston.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 10:49:22 PM »
Well I think you are.....OLD.  No but seriously, it might just be the location, heck I think Denver Public Schools might have barbed wire around them, but i'm not sure.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 02:34:24 AM »
Maybe the kids wouldn't be so lardy and unhealthy if Maggie and her offspring hadn't started selling off school playing fields to housing developers. And maybe they'd have more time for exercise if the Conservatives hadn't introduced compulsory testing from age of 18 months or whatever it is.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 05:06:53 AM »
Originally posted by Russian
Regardless if they say ‘its safe’, always check as a double assurance. Because the only time one does not check, it will be loaded. :-P

Open, empty and butt first, only way to accept either a weapon or a woman being passed into your possesion.

Mebbe crude, but I was told that once, at the age of thirteen by a weapons instructor and have never forgotten it.
Sound advice really :)

BTW, Beetle, I disagree, I think it is only common sense.
Teaching kids about eating a healthy diet in Phys Ed classes, then selling them cream doughnuts, soft drinks and potato chips for lunch allways seemed a bit ridiculous to me.
They arent saying you cant eat all that stuff, they are just saying that your children, while under their care, will not be sold unhealthy junk food.

What is there to not like about it?

Oh yeah, my high school was closed too, you got caught outside school bounds, inside school hours, without an explanatory note, you were on detention.
The thing was, during school hours, the school is a student's legal gaurdian or custodian, and is responsible for the students safety, they cant garuntee your safety if they dont know where you are.
Dunno about over there, but down here, negligence of duty of care can land an organisation in some seriously hot water.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 05:28:30 AM by Bluedog »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 05:42:43 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B

I don't know of any schools around here that let the kids off school grounds during lunchtime.  Is that a common practice on your side of the pond?
When I was at secondary school (age 11-18) it was normal to go into town at lunchtime. We were not supposed to leave the school during lunchtime in the first 2 years at the school, but many still did and I know I did.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 06:40:00 AM »
My gun is always loaded.

My rifle is always unloaded except during deer season.

The Republican governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee, has mandated that all vending machines in the state schools stop selling sodas and fatty snacks.

Beware of this man.  He's a sheep in wolf's clothing and intends to run for president.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 07:38:26 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
And maybe they'd have more time for exercise if the Conservatives hadn't introduced compulsory testing from age of 18 months or whatever it is.

Amen, i'd run all freaking day if we didn't have all those state mandated tests.  You folks do know you pay teachers to watch kids take tests for 3 hours during certain times of the year don't you?