Author Topic: how to aim???  (Read 850 times)

Offline wonton

• Zinc Member
how to aim???
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 06:34:47 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
unless your engines off too you ait in stealth mode.
I usually hear planes before they ever fire a shot on me.

Unless Im checking somethign out on the TV or talking to someone irl in which case it wouldnt matter if eiter were off or on

Yeah, more of a joke really. I'm not very good with sarcasm in written form.

Offline wonton

• Zinc Member
how to aim???
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 06:35:47 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
lol cracks me up people worry about people seeing them shoot so they turn tracers off.  Completely wrong reason to do it.

And it cracks me up when I get taken seriously, it's a rare occasion :D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 06:40:10 PM by wonton »

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
how to aim???
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 07:04:25 PM »
I leave tracers on to let them know they're already dead :)

To reply to tatertot:  From my subjective experience, I'd say lead shooting in a buff gunner position is almost half of what I apply when shooting from a fighter.. I'm rarely firing in fighters from an unloaded stable position, there's always some compensation for my movements and more drastic range changes...otherwise I'd call it even.

Booz
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 07:07:36 PM by Booz »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
how to aim???
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 07:54:11 PM »
Best place I've found to learn gunnery is H2H rooms that have the girly computer-aided gunsite pipper---I've found that nearly every time I think I know where to aim, I turn on pipper, found my instincts were hopelessly wrong. It's real easy to get deflection hits at 800+ with 50's if you can glean an idea of where to aim- I never fire at fighters at 800+ in MA, but it's nice to have an idea of where the bullets need to go
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
how to aim???
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005, 03:19:17 AM »
You can also use that LCG (lead computed gunsight) in TA or offline, to shoot drones. Ctrl TAB until friendly lock is enabled (if you want to shoot greens, disabled for reds obviously) then hit TAB until you go tthe maker around the plane you need it to. Offline you might have to check arena settings (in FlightModeFlag make sure the LCG is checked), save arena settings after changing them).

Tracers on or off - mine are off, simply because they distract me and i dont need them for aiming. You can use them to know, if you miss, why you missed.

Aim: The main thing IMHO for gunnery is: get up close and personal (d200-400) and shoot only short bursts. Dont 'walk' your bullets onto the target while firing.

Apart from that: You need to take into account bullet ballistics, muzzle speed, your speed, target speed, angle off and tons of other things. Since i dont have the capability of a gunner computer, i just learned from experience, how the gunsight picture looks when my bullets hit.

My recommendation would be: Stick to planes with the same gun model for starters. Be aware though, that the different 20mm canons have a very different ballistic (hispanos being the best and easiest among them). If planes have more than one gun type, fire them seperatly.

Im sure youll learn fast. Good luck ;).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 03:21:24 AM by Schatzi »
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
how to aim???
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 09:06:27 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
lol cracks me up people worry about people seeing them shoot so they turn tracers off.  Completely wrong reason to do it.

DIE:mad:
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.