Author Topic: Medal of Honor multi-player demo.  (Read 678 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Medal of Honor multi-player demo.
« on: December 18, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »
Has anybody else tried this?

I think it is pretty good, except for....

Snipers and rocket launchers.

These two things are SILLY.

In each game I joined half of the people where just playing snipers.  I know that the 733t sN1pR thing is really big in these games, but I think the multi-player game would actually be fun if these two units were not included.

The shotgun could also be done without.  It is silly in this context.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
      • http://users.senet.com.au/~shanga
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2001, 09:43:00 PM »
So what you're saying is it's great, except for all the crap bits which totally ruin the game and make it no fun?

Just clarifying.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2001, 09:47:00 PM »
them snipers make it unplayable fer me. Everyone in there is one.

Wolfenstein even with the "creature crap" is better.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2001, 10:05:00 PM »
Snipers aren't a big deal... I hate rockets too.

I hope the release version gives server admins the ability to choose which weapons, and how many of each weapon, are available.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
I agree Karnak. It has the potential to be a decent game if they take out the stupid assed rocket tards and l33t snipers kiddies.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
The demo is a blast!  Once I got warmed up, i started my own server and racked up a hefty 200 kill streak with only 100 or so deaths.  Overkill?  of course  :D.  

I agree, the rockets are annoying after a while.  But I fight fire with fire and blast the little l33t pissers into submission  :D.  Snipers are fun and annoying, but they're fun to deal with.  I usually use a KAR98 Mauser and pick the l337 sn1p3rs from long range.  For closer range, I use an allied soldier with a thompson.  I'm sure the full game will offer multiplayer games that have nothing but free-for-alls with sn1p3rs and rocket dweebs, but there will also be scenerios requiring teamwork.

The eye candy and real life feel of the game overall (from the demo atleast) makes me want this game to be here NOW!

oct out!

PS

Perhaps we could set up an AH player server and have at it one of these nights?  Anyone interested post here.  I could host; excellent pings with speedy cable connection all the time.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2001, 10:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan:

Wolfenstein even with the "creature crap" is better.

Recently played the single player demo for Wolfenstein.  Second mission scared the poop outta me!  i cant take that 'scary' stuff for too long   :D

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Octavius ]
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2001, 02:54:00 AM »
I'd be interestd in playing some MOH some night Oct. Set something and I can probably drag a few squaddies along too.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
The map being used with the MOH_AA multiplayer demo sucks. Otherwise it's fun when it's not a free for all and everyone is using sniper rifles or rocket launchers.  

RTCW has a much better layout IMO. With RTCW you have open spaces as well as closed quarters for that dirty urban warfare type action.

I liked how games such as RoguesSpear/Urvan Ops allowed the host to disable items. RTCW and MOH_AA I'd hope would eventually include something like that.

Westy

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
RTCW hands down is the best!

When MOH comes out I will probably get it for single player but for right now the multiplayer just isn't there yet.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2001, 08:44:00 AM »
Oh and as far as RTCW being scary my son who has been playing these type of games for years stopped playing after only a few minutes when the monsters started jumping out at him. I ended up having to sit behind him and tell him(I had already beaten it) when something was going to happen. After the area where the monsters were he was OK.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
What a horrible 3D shooter. Ive been playing them since Doom and Rise of the Triad.. they were fun, had good playabilty. wolfenstien wasnt worth the 15 megs it took up.

The interduction of the "sniper rifle" has ruined them (3d shooters) even further with its "on point" non floating scope. 3d shooters have gotten so borring over the years since they are all so much the same and simple.

None have "floating aim points" even the ever so hyped up operation flash point was a huge let down in this department. I dont know if you guys have shoot fire arms but no matter how good you are you cannot hold a fire arm perfectly still, even laying down that is not the case.

I downloaded this and played it for a while, noted all the suicidal panzerfuast and deleted it.

Another thing that they done that was typical of 3d shooters was the shot gun's slow pump action, they give the impression that you cannot "unload rapidly" with a shot gun which is false. A pump fed shot gun can be fired very quickly.

If you want gamey make it gamey, have the Doom style BFGs and plasma rifles with 100's of feindish creatures in one room. but once you add in realistic weapons, scenery, apponents to name a few, its time to go all out.

Im still waiting for Doom III.. its comming.  :eek:

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2001, 03:58:00 PM »
Actually sniping is the only thing I like to do in RTCW.

I get wasted in close combat. Dunno if it has to do with my connection, symptoms are same like in AH - one ping kills from guns that aren't supposed to do that.

MOH is really wearing because of its many spawnpoints and constant shooting in the back if you stop for a second. Not possible to survive long, even snipers get killed quickly because there aren't good hideouts in the stalingrad map.

OTOH its the perfect game to blow out some steam without worrying how long the game will take or how long a life lasts.. Just brainless shooting.