Author Topic: Skuzzy....  (Read 347 times)

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skuzzy....
« on: December 02, 2005, 07:35:55 AM »
See Rule #4/#5
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 05:40:04 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Skuzzy....
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 07:59:51 AM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
See Rule #4/#5

He just doesn't want that stuff on bbs and let somebody see it and say ah is full of pirating tards..:p
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 05:40:19 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: Skuzzy....
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 08:34:13 AM »
Originally posted by SkyChimp
He just doesn't want that stuff on bbs and let somebody see it and say ah is full of pirating tards..:p

Well, that is understandable.  But how about a rule violation  number witha brief generic description, ya know, the usual.  Not a personal attack and a flame on an innocent bystander.  I have always considered my dvd's as copyable and continue to make backups of the original to use for my kids.  This is the first time i have tried to burn a game and couldnt get the backup to work althogh everything went fine.   And it is perfectly legal to make backups of cd's and dvd's that you bought and own.  It is NOT borderline pirating to make ciopies of these items, there is no such thing as 'borderliine' pirating.  Im sure skuzzy knows this, that is why i was confused by his harsh rebutt.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Skuzzy....
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:07:46 AM »
This used to copy everything, and I mean everything.
Alcohol 120%
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

A few game cds, as I recall, install BS hacked drivers to disable Alcohols superb copying abilities.... "starforce" or something... I think theses same drivers fudge up any copying sometimes, although I'd have to read up on it to be sure.

If you have the bogus drivers installed, I THINK if you get rid of them you can copy at will as usual, but I also recall folks having their cd/dvd rom drives vanish then going through hell to fix it... so I'd google on the subject to be safe

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skuzzy....
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 03:03:54 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
This used to copy everything, and I mean everything.
Alcohol 120%
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

A few game cds, as I recall, install BS hacked drivers to disable Alcohols superb copying abilities.... "starforce" or something... I think theses same drivers fudge up any copying sometimes, although I'd have to read up on it to be sure.

If you have the bogus drivers installed, I THINK if you get rid of them you can copy at will as usual, but I also recall folks having their cd/dvd rom drives vanish then going through hell to fix it... so I'd google on the subject to be safe

Yea, they dont like the rule allowing people to copy things they own or anything at all, so they make it as dificult as posible for people to copy.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Skuzzy....
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 04:09:19 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
Yea, they dont like the rule allowing people to copy things they own or anything at all, so they make it as dificult as posible for people to copy.

sooo true say i bought a cd and i wanna keep reg one clean and scratchless so i burn a copy!:aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Skuzzy....
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 04:14:31 PM »
Technically, copyright protects the ability to produce copies.

It's one thing to worry about a scratched CD-ROM and to duplicate it so it doesn't skip. It's another to download stuff and burn it, and another thing to copy things that are not allowed to be copied (consider the FBI warnings at the beginning of movies and DVDs).

The thing is, if you have to defend yourself chances are it's shady. [EDIT: As a generalization]

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Skuzzy....
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 04:54:59 PM »
I read the other thread...no where did I see Skuzzy said you were borderline criminal or even imply. He just said the discussion was bordering on talking about piracy & how to pirate. I am sure they don't want their bbs a place where that happens, similar to the not tolerating discussions on cheating.

If really want an answer, might be helpful to send him an email or pick up the phone & call.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy....
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 05:37:42 PM »
I did not accuse you, or anyone else, of anything.  And I will say it again.  If you need to copy something, then contact the supplier/manufacturer of the CD/DVD about it as each company has its own legal guidelines on those matters.

And if you really want to address something with me, I can be reached in many ways.  PM's, email, phone call and so on.  Try them.  They work really well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com