Author Topic: CH Control Manager v4.0  (Read 325 times)

Offline MichaelCHProd

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_support.html
CH Control Manager v4.0
« on: September 02, 2005, 07:12:31 PM »
It's out... http://ftp://ftp.chproducts.com/pub/CHCMv40.exe

If you are looking for more control or accuracy over your CH USB controllers then 4.0 is the answer.

With the release of version 4.0 you can expect to access some of the high end programming features with out having to learn any scripting.

Be advised however that version 4.0 currently does not support Windows XP 64 bit. If you are a CH USB owner and have XP 64bit then do not despair, support for 64bit is coming down the pipe VERY soon.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
CH Control Manager v4.0
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 07:19:07 PM »
Thanks for the info...

Offline hacksaw1

• Copper Member
Problem with the upgrade
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 05:40:02 AM »
Since April or so I was using CH Control Manager v 3.60 just swell for USB CH stick, throt and pedals with a .map that I downloaded.

I decided that I would upgrade to Control Manager v 4.0. based on the above post.

Disconnected the USB stick, throt and pedals, and uninstalled v 3.60.

Exited all programs and installed v 4.0.   Followed instructions.

Opened the v 4.0 manager and tried to download a previous .map hoping that I wouldn't have to try to write one from scratch. Immediately the mouse cursor ascended to the upper left corner of the screen. I could still move the cursor, but it was always homing to the upper left. I managed to eventually click the Direct Mode button and the cursor returned to normal function, and I used Direct Mode to fly in a different sim and check device calibration. But trying to use an existing .map caused the cursor to climb to port.

Decided to rollback to v 3.60. Disconnected the stick, throt and pedals, unistalled v. 4.0 and then reinstalled v 3.60.

But now, when I try to use the .map I was using for months before I tried this upgrade, the cursor does the same thing it started doing in v 4.0, i.e. homing to the upper left.

I also tried uninstalling the device driver for the mouse and letting it reinstall on reboot, but there was no improvement.

Anyone got any advice? (except "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" LOL).

Best Regards,

Cement

Offline DonULFonso

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.Thrustmaster-X-Files.de
CH Control Manager v4.0
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 09:26:18 AM »
If I understood you right, then you're only experiencing this when your stick's in mapped mode, not if it's in DirectX-mode, right?

To me, this sounds like a problem with your microstick's calibration (I'm supposing that you're using this one to control your mouse) - if it's off-center, then of course your mouse starts to move (and stops in a corner once it can't go any further) as soon as you switch your controllers into mapped mode. After all, that's what the active map tells the controller to do: move the mouse - and if it sees the microstick as being pushed either way, then it'll move the mouse.

It doesn't matter whether the microstick is physically centered - it only matters that it's generating the centered analog value. I'd suggest to check your calibration, and probably re-calibrate your gear.

Offline hacksaw1

• Copper Member
CH Control Manager v4.0
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 02:11:15 PM »
Thanks for the advice DonULFonso, but I decided to just go back to a Windows restore point, and everything is back to normal again.

Best Regards,

Cement

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
CH Control Manager v4.0
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 09:15:35 AM »
MichaelCHProd, cool you're on this forum now.