Author Topic: need a flat clean tile  (Read 337 times)

Offline reacher15

• Copper Member
need a flat clean tile
« on: December 20, 2005, 01:14:20 AM »
hey guys

i want to make a terrain tile with out obstructions...ie:barns, hills, trees.

i know how to make maps...had one close to MA status when they switched to AHII.

i know how to use ac3d.

i know how to texure it...ie:snow, dirty snow, sandy...etc

how do i export...or can i even export a tile from the object editor? or do i just make a new one and call that in somehow to replace the existing terrain tile.

i made a map for driving gv's down hill at over 350 MPH. when my squadies want to let off a little steam we hop in H2H and and have a blast. i want to make some of the runs perfectly clean and see what a gv can do flat out.

on the really steap runs the farm tile is good because on a steep grade  the barns and trees do not show up but on some hills we start out at 26k, but not such a steap gradient and there are barns, trees, etc.

i hope someone can just point me in the right direction and i'll prolly figure out the rest.

i'll post some screen shots....i'll even post the map.

Thanks All

Reach Out

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: need a flat clean tile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 05:00:34 PM »
Originally posted by reacher15
hey guys

i want to make a terrain tile with out obstructions...ie:barns, hills, trees.

i know how to make maps...had one close to MA status when they switched to AHII.

i know how to use ac3d.

i know how to texure it...ie:snow, dirty snow, sandy...etc

how do i export...or can i even export a tile from the object editor? or do i just make a new one and call that in somehow to replace the existing terrain tile.

i made a map for driving gv's down hill at over 350 MPH. when my squadies want to let off a little steam we hop in H2H and and have a blast. i want to make some of the runs perfectly clean and see what a gv can do flat out.

on the really steap runs the farm tile is good because on a steep grade  the barns and trees do not show up but on some hills we start out at 26k, but not such a steap gradient and there are barns, trees, etc.

i hope someone can just point me in the right direction and i'll prolly figure out the rest.

i'll post some screen shots....i'll even post the map.

Thanks All

Reach Out

You can't imoport tiles but in the mymap folder open it make another folder called texrc.

then go into te go to tiles save texture go into te folder open it in ps

then edit save in the texsrc folder.:aok

Offline reacher15

• Copper Member
need a flat clean tile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 11:16:19 AM »
thx for the reply

thats not what i need...i already have the textures...i need to get rid of the the modeled trees and barnes.

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
need a flat clean tile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 02:41:52 PM »
Hrm ok i think u can open them in oe and take them out!

:aok