Author Topic: Russia as a nation to be extinct in 22nd century  (Read 1209 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Russia as a nation to be extinct in 22nd century
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 03:50:24 AM »
In the Soviet Union times they welcomed immigrants.

Well, then they proceeded to put them to hard labour, confescate their passports and force them under party control. There was no going back - and if someone tried the leftover family had some gulag party time.

Only a few of the idealists who went to build the 'workers paradise' managed to escape. Most were forced to stay - in the 90's the reporters managed to interview a few of the elderly people who got entraped. They were bitter as ****. But after 60-70 years living in the system they already spoke russian as the second language and succumbed to their lifestyle. Bitter and heartbroken, it was all they had left.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2005, 07:39:19 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
LOL how dare you resurect this dead thread:eek:

I was hoping Staga could explain to me why Aeroflot chose Boeing over Tupolev.

Offline Estel

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 08:29:54 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I was hoping Staga could explain to me why Aeroflot chose Boeing over Tupolev.

The main reason is that Boeing is approved for flights in EU and USA. And Tu, at least 154 and 134 are denied. The problem is in noise abatement rules.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 08:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by Estel
The main reason is that Boeing is approved for flights in EU and USA. And Tu, at least 154 and 134 are denied. The problem is in noise abatement rules.
So why don't they catch up with 21st century (actually 20th century) technology and upgrade those engines?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2005, 09:03:27 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
LOL how dare you resurect this dead thread:eek:

btw does Russian Federation allow immigration?  Imo R.F.'s population problem can be remedied if they open immigration to C.I.S. clients (Commonwealth of Independent States, is this Eastern European version of EU?), Western Europe, China, and other South East Asia countries.

Commonwealth is an almost-dead organisation. It's like British Commonwealth. Border rules are defined with every member separately.

When I go to Ukraine I only need my internal passport, with Georgia I need a foreign passport and visa.

Russian migration laws became quite strict 2-3 years ago. In Msk additional restrictions are used, like "registration" if you stay for more then 3 days. It's all only a reason for our beloved government to leech money from visitors.

Every week we have hundreeds of illigal migrants deported from Moscow. We have the same problem as Europe. We need agricultural workers to live in villages, but all immigrants go to Moscow to sell flowers, drugs and if they don't - they simply rob people in the street, because everyone knows how rich we, Muscovites, are...