Author Topic: Training class starts in..................  (Read 522 times)

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Training class starts in..................
« on: January 27, 2006, 07:43:29 PM »
I dont know. But I was wondering if it would be possible to have the AH2 training staff setup a regular schedule in a given arena. Lets use the TA as an example. Lets say every Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday there would be training classes held. The times would be adjusted to accomadate the varing time zones. The class would be conducted in small groups, and the groups would be made up of players desiring the same type training. Whether it be Advanced ACM, BFM, or a simple Game interface walk through. Maybe like 3 or 4 Trainers and a Training Director of sorts would conduct the sessions. At the official start time the Training Director would await the trainees to arrive. He would greet them and ask what they would like to accomplish for the evening. After he got the desired info, he would place the student with a particular trainer. At say 20 minutes past official start time the Training Director would blow the stat whistle and the classes would begin.
After the official End time of the session, the Trainers could do a de-briefing and get a feel for what was covered, what was forgotten and or what needs more attention.
Sound familiar? Anyone that ever participated in an Airwarrior training session knows exactly what I am referring to. It was absolutely effective.
Anyways.. Its just a thought. Maybe someday it can be a reality.
PS...I wasnt sure if i should place this in the wishlist or here. I guess here is good.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 09:49:11 PM »
Mugzeee, Sir, something similar for Aces High could be effective, the thing is, There needs to be a "WANT IT by the AH Community" , I think this might be the proper place for a request like this. But, In my thinking a questionaire or survey/poll taken when a player logs into the main arena or any arena for that matter, could give better #'s of the desire of how many would want this.

Also, just about every single individual on these boards read the General Discussion Forum more than anything else ( my opinion), and these forums only make up what? 10% - 20% of the overall player base?

so, anything is possible, just got to have someone pushing the cart, the more pushing the faster things get done.........

I like the concept, just would like to keep the 2 games different, Air Warrior, in its day was great,  some of us have great memories of AW, but let's let the old horse rest peacefully........

Our new ride, Aces high, is so much more in so many ways, a thing like what you have requested, could only make the game experience better for all, and help the community grow and get back to it's ROOTS, Air to Air combat as the major driving force, not taking anything away from the ground assault and Bombing sorties, all is needed in full game play, and all players should have their choice as to what part they want help & training in, so all would be covered for what ever the individual Player is requesting help on.....

Is nice to see someone ask for something like this, Mugz, appreciate your concern, for wanting to help the community strength even more, thank you ~S~
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 10:23:49 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
I think this might be the proper place for a request like this. But, In my thinking a questionaire or survey/poll taken when a player logs into the main arena or any arena for that matter, could give better #'s of the desire of how many would want this.

Sounds like a good idea. MOTDs are easy too. Even i can type one :D
Although it would have to be a form for an actual poll.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 04:50:25 AM »
Hehe this would be much apreaciated. Ive just came back, and I still remember a little stuff. Like how to make someone overshoot, but far as gunnery, and stall fighting I would like to work on. To bad u guys cant come in h2h and teach :) anyway ill just wait till i get to the Main arena.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 05:58:43 AM »
i think it's a good idea, and im more than happy to help with anything:aok

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 03:46:33 PM »

I like the concept, just would like to keep the 2 games different, Air Warrior, in its day was great,  some of us have great memories of AW, but let's let the old horse rest peacefully........

the two games are totaly seperate. First off the game no longer exist for online game play and most likely never will again. It  is a good part of history with many fond memories for most anyone that played it. I certianly hope that the mere mention of the Old horse doesnt, or better yet Wouldnt/couldnt offend anyone. :huh
Our new ride, Aces high, is so much more in so many ways

Couldnt agree more.:aok

Offline slimey_J

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 07:34:23 PM »
I'm on board for this idea - I could use the training...

Is there a website for the AHII Training Corps? If not, why not build one? I'd be more than willing to help out with design and/or coding. It seems a website would help facilitate the scheduling of classes. It could also serve as a clearinghouse for everything training related.

(I've been to the standard sites - netaces, Soda's site, etc. But it seems a website run by the entire training staff would be of use.)

Cheers.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:42:53 AM »
Originally posted by slimey_J
I'm on board for this idea - I could use the training...

Is there a website for the AHII Training Corps? If not, why not build one? I'd be more than willing to help out with design and/or coding. It seems a website would help facilitate the scheduling of classes. It could also serve as a clearinghouse for everything training related.

(I've been to the standard sites - netaces, Soda's site, etc. But it seems a website run by the entire training staff would be of use.)

Cheers.

in the works, thanks for your concern, slimey J, greatly appreciated

I sent you a PM ( check your private messages box and/or email )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline slimey_J

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 10:30:21 AM »
Very cool - Looking forward to the site!