Author Topic: HT, a very practical small request concerning flim viewer..  (Read 803 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
HT, a very practical small request concerning flim viewer..
« on: January 17, 2006, 11:31:53 PM »
IMO, the "trails" function, whichever sim game thought of it first, is the best function for tactical analysis of all the film viewer functions.

Our country does not speak English, and we've never been in WW2. So naturally, getting ACM/BFM material from even the internet can be difficult for some people. Under these circumstances, I sometimes use the 'trails' function in the film viewer, and use it to create small AVI video files to help explain various maneuvers and stuff.

For the beginners of the game, they seem to more often than not get confused when multiple plane engagements happen and trails are all over the screen.

So, a very very small, practical wish:

HT, please give us the ability to change the colors of the trails... so player plane can use the red trails, and one can designate the color of the trails of other planes.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:58:56 AM »
Yours and all others or color for each plane?

I.E. You wish just 2 colors total?

HiTech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:41:11 AM »
I think he's saying he wants to be able to set each plane as a different color.

Lol, film a bunch of guys in formation and set the colors right and it's a rainbow! :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »
Yeah, i always call that "Spaghetti Bolognese".

No seriously, i think your own plane different color then the others (2 colors total) would be great for training purposes.

Every plane different color would be amazing, but is probably hard to implement.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »
I guess the most ideal change one would be;

1. You can set "trails On/Off" for each of the planes
2. You can set individual colors for the trails.. maybe a select from a group of pre-set color choices.. like Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow?

Imo, this would be best, since in most cases films are viewed to analyze how you're doing against a single enemy plane engaged. In this case you can turn all the trails off for other fighters around, and turn it on for just you and your engaged enemy, and set them at different color.

But if that's too tedious, then I think just having a different color of trail for your own plane, which would make it two-colors(your own, and others) would do. :)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:57:43 PM »
Well there's the plane list, could add a column with check boxes titled "trail" and just check on/off the planes you want.

Just a thought

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 07:31:57 PM »
Krusty I was thinking almost the same thing as you, except it would be a drop down menu when you right click on a plane/player. It would allow you to turn trails on/off and have a color selection underneath that you could select.

Or, just came to me. Take Krusty's idea of having a check box column in the plane window. Give the number of checked planes a default color. Your plane would always be red. The second plane checked would be blue, the third green. This way if you have say 10 planes in the film but you only want to see what your squadmates were doing, they would all have a different color when you selected just those say 4 planes. If you selected all of them they would all have a different color.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"