Author Topic: Sticky post in Help and Training  (Read 385 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Sticky post in Help and Training
« on: January 13, 2006, 06:41:44 AM »
Other threads have gotten me thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know). I tried thinking like a newbie (not that much of a stretch for me), and it seemed intuitive that you could find general helps and contacts with the Trainers here....

Wouldnt it be a good thing to have a sticky at the top of this forum, pointing people directly to helps that already exist? Just a note with a link to the help file, or maybe to the subheadings of the helps...

But especially, having a email link to the training corps and to individual trainers?

These are things people will pick up on with a little effort, but for probably already frustrated new guys --- having a quick, glad-I-didnt-have-to-look-everywhere-for-that reference at the top of the easy to find Help and Training forum would be a welcome aid. I tried thinking like a newbie (not that much of a stretch for me), and it does seem intuitive that you could find contacts with the Trainers here

Just a thought

Simaril
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 06:46:38 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 07:00:07 AM »
A very good though me thinks.

Links to help files and Trainer Corps.

Id also like to have links to Netaces and Sodas aircraft page added. Maybe SimHQ. Im sure the trainers have a few more very useful URLs handy.

A how-to-get-to-TA maybe.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 03:54:31 AM »
I know I know..... rule No 13.

But I really like the idea. Would like to see at least some discussion about it.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 09:37:21 AM »
I've thought about it myself, too. It's just a nonsense that in H&T forum there's no sticky threads, and not only for links: there are a lot of threads here that should be done sticky for people who not have the time to search the BB (yes, of course I'm not talking about me :D).

So, good idea, Sim, I second the motion! :)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline KD303

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:31:02 AM »
two of those links (soda's and Netaces) are already on the menu  ^(COMMUNITY) that you use to get to this forum. ie. "useful links"

KD